f i v e

The next morning, I woke up at five; I was much too excited to sleep properly. I ran down the stairs still in my pyjamas, muttering the spell that would immobilise the boy's dormitories stairs.

I ran up those stairs, and then flung open the door to Peter's dormitory. Jumping onto his bed, I felt like a child but I couldn't care less at the moment.

"Peter!" I exclaimed, forgetting that there were four other boys asleep in the dorm. Peter was always a light sleeper, so it didn't take long for him to wake up. He sat up, rubbing his eyes.

"y/n what are you doing here! It's.." he checked the clock, "5 in the morning!"
"Your point?" I asked. "Umm well I need my sleep?" Peter rolled his eyes. "Aw you need your beauty sleep?" I snorted.

Peter chucked the pillow at my face, and I caught it before it hit me. "Get upppp," I nagged, trying to steal his blanket that he was holding tightly. I ended up playing with someone's cat in the dormitory until it was time for breakfast.

"Let's go to breakfast," I said, my voice hardly containing the excitement thrumming in my chest. "Oh, that's why you were so hyper earlier. We have charms with the Hufflepuffs first thing today, and we also only have one lesson today, so you could try to keep him away from Summer from then," Peter spoke thoughtfully.

At breakfast, I sat next to Peter at the Gryffindor table, naturally. I had the perfect view of Cedric from here, who was attempting to pull Summer into a kiss while she was trying to eat a piece of bacon.

Despite the fact that it was obvious Cedric and Summer were dating, well more like fake dating, the girls around him were all swooning at the sight of him. I shot them all a disgusted look; not that they'd see it - they were too busy gazing at his face.

Breakfast passed quickly, and before I knew it, I was sitting in charms at my usual spot, unfortunately, next to Cedric. As I sat down, he didn't even look so much as a glance at me. I shook off the wave of sadness that crashed against me; he would be back to normal again soon.

Professor Flitwick announced that we would have to conduct a research task - I internally groaned at this - with a partner. I immediately looked over to Peter, who looked at me as well, and then Flitwick added, partners that he will assign.

Please pair me up with Peter, I thought mentally. "Miss l/n and Mr Diggory," the professor said, continuing to pair everyone up with different people. Of course he would pair me up with Cedric. This was how all the stories went, wasn't it? I even guessed that this would happen. I sighed, probably for the tenth time that lesson.

"So, I guess we're partners, then," I tried faking a smile, but it just looked like I was frowning. "Yeah, I guess," Cedric replied, in a bored tone. He still hadn't looked at me yet. Tears prickled at my eyes; how could I have sunk so low that I would almost cry because of one boy?

I looked down, and forced the tears away. I wasn't going to cry. Not over someone who was under the influence of a love potion.

A question tugged at my mind. How would Cedric be able to concentrate on the task if he was still obsessed with Summer? I am simply not accepting anything below an O.

The lesson finished, and I walked outside, scanning around for Cedric. I spotted him amongst the crowd of students, attempting to push through desperately, most likely wanting to go see his 'girlfriend', Summer.

"Cedric!" I called out. He turned around, reluctantly. "What do you want, l/n. You'd better make it quick because I'm off to see my precious Summer. She's so beautiful," he began to daydream. I tried my best not to spew.

"We need to go to the library to do our research task. Now," I dragged him by the hand to the library, and I was surprised he didn't make a bigger effort to get away. Or maybe he was just that weak. He whined the whole way there, though. About how he was missing Summer so badly, and that he just simply couldn't bear to be without her for a whole day.

I jotted down a few quick notes for what he was suppose to look for in the books, and shoved them into his hands with unnecessary force. "What am I going to do with these?" Cedric stuck his tongue out in disgust. "Oh, I don't know, use them to help you?" I snapped.

Moaning in complaint, he set off to find the needed books. So far, so good. As long as I can keep him away from Summer until the next morning. As I stood there thinking about how I would be able to do that, he came back carrying a stack of books to his chest.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I walked off to find my share of books. I wandered around the shelves, until I had collected the necessary books, barely able to lift them all. I gritted my teeth, my arms feeling like they were about to all off, and carried then down to the table where Cedric sat, dumping then heavily on the table.

I looked over at Cedric, and I saw Summer perched on his lap, about to give him a drink of pumpkin juice. Time seemed to stop suddenly as I rushed forward and knocked the drink out of Summer's hand.

She gasped and glared at me with pure hate. Then, she let out a single high-pitched scream that went for ages. I jumped in shock, then quickly regained my composure.

Madam Pince came thundering over, and as she took in the spilt drink, Summer shrieking, Cedric not really doing anything because of the Amortentia, and I standing there rigidly, her face became dark.

"What on Earth is going on here?!" she bellowed. I opened my mouth to speak, but she silenced me with a flick of her single index finger towards me. "Miss Stonesfeld, detention for a week!" she snapped, before turning to me. I swore she sent me a knowing look before turning away again with an invisible smile.

She turned back to Summer. "And you may start your detention now! I will let you go after you've finished arranging all the books in the library, and dusted and polished all the shelves. Be prepared to come back tomorrow," Madam Pince exclaimed. I hid a smile. She was clever. It wouldn't take much other to figure out that Cedric was under a love potion. Perhaps she already knew.

Summer groaned, and she opened her mouth as if she was about to argue with her, then stopped abruptly. She shut her mouth, knowing better than to talk back to Madam Pince, and walked away sulking, presumably to get the cleaning utensils.

"And Mr Diggory and Miss l/n, you two can continue with your task," she nodded at us before striding away briskly. Time passed, and it had already been five hours, when I decided to stop for today. "Cedric, would you like to hang out for the rest of the day in my common room together and then we can finish the task tomorrow?" I asked, a little scared of his reply.

"But Summer-" he began, but I cut him off. "Summer is on detention, and she would most likely be stuck in the library for the rest of the day."
He paused for a second. I continued. "Besides, I haven't spent time with my best friend lately," I said.

"Alright," he replied reluctantly. The potion must be wearing off; Cedric would never have said that five hours ago even if his life depended on it. I smiled slightly.

We walked in an awkward silence. I didn't know what to say to the Cedric under Amortentia. When this all hadn't happened, there was never a moment between us that was quiet. We were nearly never apart, except for when we had different classes, or when we had to back to our separate dorms.

We reached the Gryffindor common room, and I muttered the password to the Fat Lady. We went in, after the Fat Lady questioned me about why Cedric was here, and said that Hufflepuffs shouldn't be allowed in the Gryffindor common room (even though he had already been in plenty of times), and also commented that we would be such an adorable couple to which I blushed furiously at, of course.

As we sat down on the plump Gryffindor couch, a flash of panic shot through me as I hadn't planned this through. What could I do to keep him here until tomorrow? How will I keep him here until tomorrow?

-

So that's the end of this book...
Jkkkkkkk
So that was the end of this chapter, and please vote!!