Merry Time!

just a quick author's note: this is a christmas oneshot. this does not affect the actual storyline in any way. more info about it in the author's note at the end.

Haruhi had never seen something so extravagant in her life. It was a tree-- a tree so large that the glimmering star perched on top touched the high alcove in ceiling. Pretty ornaments hung on every branch, iridescently glittering as the light bounced off of them. Lines of popcorn were draped over the limbs, lowly hanging in between the gaps. Tinsel, contrastingly, was wrapped constrinctly tight around the tree, shining. The lights were the most eye-catching-- their patterns changing sequentially, glowing in bright reds and greens.

Haruhi had never celebrated Christmas-- in fact, the majority of Japan didn't celebrate it-- but she was confident most Americans weren't so... over the top. "Damn rich people..." Haruhi mumbled, though, the beauty of the tree took all meaning from her words.

"It is a bit much..." Chishiki admitted, rubbing the back of her head.

Haruhi sighs, slightly irritated. Renge and her "plus one" (Chishiki) were the reason she has to pretend to be a boy tonight. Haruhi didn't mind too much, but acting like a boy was starting to drive her slightly crazy.

Haruhi looks back at Chishiki, only to have a realization, "Hey... Chishiki-san, is that a reindeer onesie?"

It was a cute outfit. Little antlers were sprouting from the hood, and a bell was attached on the zipper, which was jingling with her nervous sway. A little tail rested on her lower back, sprung upwards, and a red circle was drawn on her button nose. It was, admittedly, very adorable.Chishiki blushes at Haruhi's comment, her cheeks turning as red as the drawn-on nose she has, "Um, oh, well... Renge-san had, um, said that she was gonna make everyone dress up at, uh, um, the end of the night, so she made me, um, wear this..."

Haruhi paled. Most of the time, the boys would have to force into... more embarrassing cosplay. She wouldn't— couldn't— wear anything like this! It was too childish!

Haruhi's thoughts were interrupted by yelling.

"Everyone, gather round!" Renge kiddishly called, adjusting her bright-red Santa hat.

Renge, too, was wearing a costume. She wore a red Santa hat with a fluffy, white brim and ball. Her Santa suit was a dress that pinched in at the waist and expanded outwards, like a poodle skirt. She had a black belt tied around her waist, and a white border at the end of the dress. "We're about to start the Christmas activities!" She announced, herding the Host Club (plus Chishiki) into a makeshift circle.

"Hey, hey, Renge-chan! What are we even supposed to do? None of us have even celebrated Christmas before!" Honey asked, hugging Usa-chan (who now had a bow on top of his head) to his chest.

Mori grunted, seconding Honey's question.

"Ho-ho-ho! That's where you're wrong, Honey-senpai!" Renge gained stars in her eyes, manically laughing, "My mom is American, so I have celebrated Christmas since I was a kid! I'm a Christmas Expert-- a Christmas Master, ho-ho-ho! Bow before me mortals!"

Honey and Tamaki bowed, their foreheads hitting the floor. "Oh, great Christmas Master, tell us what to do!"

Renge smirked, manic glint in her eyes, "Ho-ho-ho! The first activity is... baking!"

______

Apparently, Renge had ordered her personal chefs to do the "hard stuff" (which apparently means baking the cookies entirely...) So that meant no taste-testing the cookie dough, and no standing by the oven, watching the cookies rise. Nagisa was slightly disappointed by that because Koro-sensei had taught them how to make some killer cookies in Home-Ec— and Nagisa had also garnered and fostered a love for cooking in the process.