I never planned on you

A/N: Im so so sorry for not updating this book in so long! I've just started school this week, I just got back from vacation, and I've just been really busy and I've had writer block.

I hope this turned out like you all wanted it! Enjoy!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been an especially long day at work that day. You and Kath were both so exhausted. You and her were ready; ready to leave the office that afternoon when your boss decided it would be fun to leave more papers and forms on your desk. "You could leave them for tomorrow, you know." Kath said, as she sat down on one of the chairs in front of your desk. 

You shook your head, letting out a long sigh. "Kath, its not even that much. You go ahead and start walking home. I'll se you later." Kath sighed, kissed your head, and left your office.

As soon as she left, you picked up the first folder of papers and noticed something different. These papers weren't meant for you to see. They had given you the wrong file. As your curiosity got the best of you, you opened the folder and peeked inside.

You gasped. 

JOESEPH PULITZER RAISES THE PRICE OF PAPERS- 60 CENTS PER 100

You covered your mouth with your hand in shock as you realized what your fath- **cough** PULITZER was going to do to the newsies. You knew what he was planning. His circulation was going down. 

You felt so bad for those boys. Especially Jack.

You put the paper back in the folder and set it aside.  You would return it tomorrow to your boss. 

A couple of hours later, you were nearly done with all the extra work they had given you when you noticed one last paper. You sighed, picking it up and looking it over. You had to do a review on tonight's performance at Medda Larkin's theatre; the bowery. 

You smiled. At least this was a fun one. She was a parental figure to you and Kath growing up; seeing as you lost your mother at an early age and your father was barely around. You turned off the lamp in your office as you slipped the paper and pen into your pocket. 

You folded your paper and pen and put them in your pocket as you walked towards the theatre.

When you walked into the theater, you saw what looked liked three newsboys talking to Medda. Your cheeks quickly turned red as you recognized one of them as Jack. Medda quickly spotted you as she finished talking to him. 

"Y/N! Kiddo, c'mere! It's been been a while" She gave you a tight hug. When you both pulled apart, you turned around to make direct eye contact with Jack. He looked like he wanted to say something to you, but before he could, the smaller newsie, a bit more well-dressed than Jack, ran up to you excitedly saying "Hi! I'm Les! This is my brother David-" he said pointing back at who you assumed was his brother. "and this is Jack." you smiled, finnaly breaking your gaze with Jack.

You crouched down to Les's level, shaking his hand as he smiled. "Hello there. I'm Y/N Plumber. It's so nice to meet you!" you finished with a smile. Les motioned for you to pick him up and you happily obliged. He rested your head on your shoulder and said "Dave, can we keep her? I really like her!" 

David looked at you and blushed. Out of the corner of your eye, you say jack clench his jaw and fist. 

"C-c'mon, Les t-the show's about to start" he stuttered never letting his gaze fall off you. Les groaned and shuffled out of your arms, and he walked over and took Davey's hand as he led them to their seats. Davey looked back at you, face red as a tomato. 

But you didn't pay attention, as you were now in conversation with Jack. You were both laughing and talking and only broke conversation when one of the workers came over to Medda, telling her her show was about to start. 

Jack ran over to Davey and Les, where you guessed he was sitting with. Medda patted your shoulder and said that you had the top right box. You thanked her and immediately climbed up. 

Medda was almost done with her song- "That's Rich" - is one of your personal favorites. The Bowery Beauties had just come in when you noticed Jack had climbed in next to you in the box.

"A smart goil, 'huh?" he asked, smiling and leaning against the railing. 

"I-I'm working" you said, as you blushed and ducked your head down. 

"I'se like smart goils. beautiful, smart, independent-" you heard him say before completetly focusing on your writing. 

Jack's POV

I leaned against the railing, smiling at her. After making it clear that she needed to get back to work, I sat on the railing and took a  newspaper out of my pocket. I began to draw her. 

 It doesn't do her justice. when it's done, I left it for her to find on the floor. 

I realized as I got to the bottom of the ladder.

"I never planned on someone like you~" I said smiling, thinking of her.

Davey's POV 

As I saw Jack up there with her, I though that I should be the one up there with her, making her laugh and blush. 

Then I realized- I never planned on her.

Your POV

As I finished the review, I turned around. I saw a newspaper and picked it up. It was a drawing.

A drawing of me. 

I smiled and held it to my heart.

It must've been Jack. 

My cheeks went red as I tucked it in my Jacket. 

As I climbed down the box, I saw Medda and ran over to thank her. 

I didn't see any of the boys on the way out. 

On the way home, I realized I couldn't stop thinking about Jack.

I never planned on him. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you all liked! let me know!