76. Uneasy Feeling

"So let me clearify this.... You had her cornered, trapped I should say, but she somehow got away from a high classed warrior like you?" Uwad asks as he sits on the throne in his usual way.

"Well, yes my liege. In my defense, she was trained by Oya's finest." Zotoro says while kneeling in front of the steps.

Uwad rubs the bridge of his nose out of annoyance.

"General. Could you explain to me how that little sappling of yours performed this feat?" Uwad says while still rubbing the bridge of his nose.

"I must admit I am to blame my liege. I have taught Nixoto quite the multitude of techniques due to her unusal lack of control over the darkness." Kugoto says also on one knee.

"And I suppose that you have no clue as to how she created that massive quake?" Uwad

"None in the least my liege. I am afraid that in the short amount of time that I have not seen my daughter, she has learned something quite dangerous." Kugoto

"Hmm yes quite. And how do you plan on dealing with her this time may I ask?" Uwad

"Personally my liege." Kugoto

Uwad thinks for a brief moment before he waves his hand giving Kugoto and Zotoro permission to leave. They both rise up, perform one final bow before turning and then make their way towards the exit. The doors close behind them ut they continue their pace.

"I must apologize to you personally Kugoto. I-" Zotoro

"Not another word." Kugoto

Zotoro is cut off with a sudden snap from Kugoto and holds his head down in shame while keeping his pace. Zotoro follows Kugoto to the lower levels, makes it to ground level and exits the palace.

"General! Is there any order you wish to give?" A soldier posted at the entrance of the palace asks the moment Kugoto got close enough.

"No. Remain vigilant until our return." Kugoto says without slowing his pace.

"Yes General!" The Soldier

Kugoto a long with Zotoro make it off of the palace grounds, crosses a bridge over the moat surrounding the castle and head through the town area. Before Uwad came the Oyans were living in a much more lively and peaceful time. That all changed when Uwad took over and decided to rule the way he saw fit. Before, the people of Oya would have greeted both Kugoto and Zotoro with bright smiles, but now, ever since Uwad came into power, the hearts of everyone has shifted and have turned somewhat cold. Paying tribute has been added to their everyday lives and those who did not like the idea of it were casted out, if they were lucky.

"You cannot do this!! I beseech you!! Give us more time please!!" ????

That sudden plea catches both Kugoto's and Zotoro's attention. They look to where a small group of soldiers are gathered in front lf a small food shop with an elderly man standing in front.

"You are aware of the amount that is demanded. I am merely following my orders. If you cannot pay the required amount then someone will have to work off the payment." The soldier

He then signals for his group to force their way into the shop and start to search around.

"Hey!! Stop!! You can't go in there!! Stop them please! It's my responsibility!" The elderly man

"You are not suitable for what we have available." The soldier

"Hey! Release me!" A young girl demands.

The soldiers carry out the elderly mans granddaughter against her will.

"Grandfather!" The young girl