6-7

The sound of the starting horn going off echoed in the air.

The third game had begun.

Walking along side of her hunter, Camila noticed they were really far out today. A lot farther than they had been any day before, judging by the fact that she could no longer see the giant spaceship above the trees. This game was different from last time. This time they started by themselves, just the two of them, far off into the forest. Camila wracked her brain trying to think of possible objectives of this next game. Eyeing her hunter, she noted his slow steady prowl. Knees slightly bent and his dual blade extended on his arm, he looked ready. Although the intimidating black mask was back on covering his face, she could tell by the way he kept looking around he was waiting for something to happen. Maybe even hoping for something to happen.

Maybe that was it, maybe they were supposed to find something. Beyond jumpy, Camila rubbed her arms to smooth down the goosebumps. Were there going to be more dogs, she wondered? Walking practically in his shadow, she stayed close to the hunter.

It felt like they had been walking for hours. Camila was about to risk asking him just what the hell were they doing, when he suddenly leapt into a tree. Shocked, she stumbled back staring at the armored hunter climb easily up the tree as if it were a ladder.

"What are you doing?" she yelled. Why did he leave her? Looking around nervously she looked back at him knowing the fear was plain to see on her face. What if one of those hellhounds came back?

He made no sound, ignoring her as he scanned the area from his perch, the upturned evil eyes of his mask glowing green.

"Please don't leave me...Oww!!" She cried out holding her arm where something just whizzed past and hit her. "What the hell?" Looking around she spotted a silver looking ball bearing on the ground just past her. Looking back up she watched the hunter examining the area, ignoring her still.

Squinting she watched him roll around silver ball between his long scaly clawed fingers.

"Did you just throw that...ow!!" Another one grazed past her thigh and it stung like hell. It was like getting shot with a low powered pellet rifle. "Stop it you asshole," she yelled.

Looking at her briefly, he turned his face to scan the area again.

"Why are you hitting me with those?!" Making sure to watch his hand this time. He was rolling another silver ball.

He looked at her, his thumb moving to launch the ball again.

"No!" she squealed jumping out of the line of fire.

Cocking his head to the side he stared at her expectantly, before making a "come on" motion with his hand. Confused, she gave him a venomous scowl as she tried to think.

Slowly it dawned on her.

"You want me to make noise, don't you?" The shock in her voice was clear as day.

The low rolling clicks coming from his throat confirmed it.

Fiery outrage rolled through her veins. "You want to use me as fucking bait! You bastard!!" Stomping, she paced back and forth, purposely lowering her voice. "Well you can screw that, I am not going to help you as bait to hunt down those dogs just so you can win some stupid game."

Turning, she began to walk back the way they came. He could fight those hounds on his own and die, if all she cared. She was going to go back the way they came, and hopefully find her way back to camp.