1st thought this ham sandwich has had, ever!

"Can you help me?" She asks as she walks up to me in the school hallway.

I give her a wide brace faced smile, "Of course."

"I'm looking for the ASL room."

I look her over; hair dyed black, dark gray T-shirt. She holds her binder close to her chest. Three bright red scares mark her right wrist.

What happened to her? I ask myself, She use to be so cheerful. What happened?

Life, my mind responds, Life does this to people.

But why?! I ask, sadness for my old friend dripping over me.

I don't know, but it happens. There are many who, like her, use to be happy but now... my mind let's the sentence end there.

Why am I one of the few? The few who don't change? Not that I'm complaining, but why do my friends have to suffer?

I don't know, I really don't. Maybe your role in life isn't suppose to be like theirs. Maybe you are suppose to be the one who smiles, the one who cares, the one to talk to.

This runs through my head in a matter of seconds.

My smile brightens and I walk her to class.

Author's note: This is based on a true story, I did add in a few things like the color of her shirt. I can't remember what color it was it was dark. Me and the girl were friends a few years ago but we just sorta grew apart.

So anyway. Vote if you like it, and if ya don't tell me why in the comment box. And again if you want to know my opoin of somthing in my next update tell me and I will gladly talk of it.