The Old Song: Part 1

Ringing.

That was the only sound going through his head. Henry could hear a slightly muffled voice calling his name. He tried clearing his vision, only to have a sharp pain go through his head.

"Oh my head, what happened?"

"You nearly screwed yourself over, that's what."

He got puzzled when he heard that voice, or at least before he remembered. He got up quickly, only to find that was a bad idea when another searing pain shot through his head.

"Jeez, Henry, don't jump the gun," Bendy said, "hell, you should call yourself lucky after that stunt you pulled. What the F were you thinking when you did that?"

"Wait, hold up a second," Henry said before remembering, "oh, Christ almighty, this is real."

"Yes it's re... Wait, what the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"What, no, I didn't mean it like that," he replied in slight protest, "besides, even you have to admit it's almost unbelievable for living cartoons."

"*sigh* I guess you're right," Bendy replied, "well anyway, while you were knocked out, the only way back up is entirely shut," he said, pointing behind him.

"Wait, what?" Henry asked before getting up and going to where Bendy was pointing to and saw the entire roof collapsed on the only way back. He took a deep breath and pressed his finger and thumb on his eyes.

"Hey," Henry turned around and saw Bendy smiling at him, "here, you might need this," he handed Henry the axe they found. Henry smiled and took the axe.

"Well, I guess there's only one thing to do," He said, partially to himself.

"And that is...?"

"Press on, see if we can fine a way out."

Bendy nodded, "if that's the case," he pointed to the door if front of them, "then let's get to clearing a path."

Henry chopped away at the boards. It's funny, never used one until now and he was already a master at it, swinging at the wood like he was the greatest swordsman. They eventually made it to a stairwell and got slightly spooked by a falling board. They entered maintenance hatch 9 and Henry was astonished.

"How did this place get so big?"

"Joey sure did spend his sweet time 'ere, that's for sure," Bendy half-answered.

"I guess," he looked at a writing next to a Bendy picture and some bacon soup.

HE WILL SET US FREE

"Okay, not obsessive," Henry said sarcastically.

"Hey, Henry," Bendy said tugging Henry's sleeve, "another cassette tape," he pointed to one on the other side of them, "wanna?"

"Why the hell not?" Henry answered.

The clicked the play button and soon the recording played.

He appears from the shadows to rain his sweet blessings upon me. A figure of ink that shines in the darkness. I see you, my savior, I pray that you hear me. Those old songs... Yes, I still sing them, for I know you are coming to save me, and I will be swept into your final, loving embrace. But love requires sacrifice. Can I get an amen?

"Umm, I think I'll pass."

"I said-" the two almost instantly went back to back, "-can I get an amen?"

Bendy's pupils nearly turned into little white specks while Henry's face was slightly pale as their eyes zipped around the room.

"Henry?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm not the only one who heard that, right?"

"Nope, I'm pretty sure I heard that too."

"Then do you know what this means?"

"What?"

"We've got a stalker."

They walked past a cutout of Bendy and saw a hallway filled with ink, barrels, and boards. Henry walked halfway through before he saw some of the ink move behind him. Henry looked behind him and saw Bendy lifting up his leg to see his foot was turned into an inky slosh before it materialized back into his shoe.

"I forgot that happens to me," he said before continuing to walk and caught up with Henry.

"Will it be bad?" He asked.

"No, it's actually natural. Don't worry though, it won't kill me," Bendy said.

"Fine, but still-"

"Sheep, sheep, sheep, it's time for sleep..." They looked forward and saw someone holding a Bendy cutout walking to the other side of the room in front of them, "rest your head, is time for bed."

"Hello, excuse me, can you help me?" Henry called out, trying to catch up with the man.

"Henry, wait!" Bendy whispered and ran over to Henry.

Henry looked over to where he saw the man walking, only to end up with a puzzled expression. Bendy caught up and saw why he looked so puzzled.

"Where the hell did he go?"

"That was a lost one Henry."

"What's that?" He asked, still puzzled.

"Human experiments," it was all he had to say before Henry understood and got a sick-to-my-stomach expression, "Joey wanted to make human sized beings from the machine," Bendy sat on the floor and gestured for Henry to as well, which he did, "as you already know, me and other Bendy, we're the first two, and, well, he's not very fond of me ever since I disagreed that the workers needed to die for the things they did. The lost ones are just what's left of what he did to them," he clenched his fists and whispered, "I can't believe I just let him do that. God, I'm a damn idiot."

"Well, are they dangerous?" Henry asked.

"I'm not sure. Their behavior patterns are unpredictable," he said, "they'll either just stand there and look at you or lash out."

"So just stay away from them?"

"That's the way to roll."

"Alrighty then, let's keep going," he said as he stood up, same with Bendy. They saw a lever and the lights next to it, "need to get power to this gate somehow. Should be a couple of switches nearby, then maybe we can open it."

"On it, wait here," Bendy said as he left to find the switches.

A few moments later

Bendy flipped the last switch as Henry pulled the lever. The door began to open, yet once it did, a raspy low voice called out.

"Bendy..."

(I'm not sure if it actually said "Bendy". Could someone tell me what it was probably, actually saying later? Thanks.)

Henry swore, if this stuff didn't give him a heart attack, he wasn't sure what will. Bendy took a deep breath. Things were going to probably get worse from here.

They just didn't know how right they were.