Ch 6

A/N- I'm gonna try to update as much as possible today and maybe tomorrow (if I have a snow day or stay home) but may fail at it since I'm freaking sick again. Yay, winter!

Eliza POV

     It's been about a month on board of the ship, and surprisingly, I actually sort of enjoy it on here. I don't have to wear huge dresses, a bunch of makeup, heels, corsets, and I've made friends that are incredible. At the castle, I've never really been able to make friends because everyone knew me as just "Princess, and soon to be Queen, Elizabeth". No one talked to me, unless someone needed directions for something.

     My 'sisters' are the two people that I trust and love more than anyone. We always are talking to each other, telling each other secrets, had a few "slumber parties" as they call them, and they're always making sure I'm happy and feel safe.

     John, although he is the co captain, is so sweet and understanding. It took me a few days to warm up to him and trust him, but now we're best friends. He did come out to me as gay, which I found weird at first since I've never met a man who only likes men. But it probably made our relationship closer once I understood it more. Hercules and Peggy also came out to me a few days after Laurens did, and they acted a bit more free and their normal selves once they did. 

     Lafayette is cool. He doesn't talk as much as the others, but I can tell that he's really fun and kind. I talked to him last week and he said that he doesn't seem comfortable around the others since he came from France. He feels like he's not aloud to be himself around the rest of the crew. I calmed him down, and he trust me more than anyone else on the boat. Of coarse, he's still not comfortable around others and shuts down when he's around them. So, we talk together in French so he feels a bit more comfortable.

     I don't really feel comfortable around Maria. She's really passionate about her job, but not like Angelica. She's all about work and making sure everything is done right. She sort of scares me. It's obvious that she likes Peggy, and it's also obvious that she doesn't trust me and thinks that I'm trying to take Peggy for myself, which isn't right. I try to keep my distance from her, but I do have to admit, she is kind of cute. But I don't want to get in the way of her and Peggy. I just want to be friends with her, but I don't think she likes me.

     There is one person on the ship that I want to get to know better, and that's Hamilton. Of coarse, he still scares me and probably doesn't trust me or like me. But I want to know more about him. 

     It's obvious that something made him change. I heard my friends, because of eavesdropping, talking about him being nice once. I need to know what happened.

     And of coarse, it happened quickly. One minute, I was laying in my bed about to go to sleep. The next minute, I somehow found myself standing in front of his office. Maybe this is a bad idea. Oh well. What's the worst thing he could do? Well, probably something really bad. He is the captain after all. He can do anything he wants and not get into trouble. Well, it's too late now. I carefully knock.

Alexander- Unless you're John, leave now or I'll shoot you all the way to Russia with a cannon. 

     I flinch a bit at his words, but shake it off. Who cares? I open the door, and see Hamilton at his desk with glasses on, writing something. His hair was down, out of his ponytail. I've never seen him with his hair down or with glasses on. I have to admit: although he is a terrible person, he still is a bit cute. No, snap out of it Elizabeth.

     He looks up, and immediately looks angry when he see's it's not Laurens. He sets down his quill and leans back in his chair, crossing his arms.

Alexander- Have you finally decided to give up that locket?

Eliza- No.

Alexander- Then why are you here, brat?