𝘶𝘯𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘳𝘪𝘥𝘦;

ㅡ; it was a cold winter morning.

emphasis on cold, because mashiho could barely feel the tips of his fingers due to his hands being exposed to the harsh wind. he sometimes wonders why he can't just listen to his mother and take a pair of gloves with him.

it was late january, all the leaves had fallen and crumpled up, not being able to take the cold (just like mashiho), the mornings have become much colder and much darker, that has made it completely impossible for mashiho to wake up at the ungodly hour that is 6 am.

with a cold, shaky hand, mashiho took out his phone, that was previously snugged into his coat pocket, checking the time.

[ 7: 43 am] it read.

mashiho sighed, turning to haruto, who had been standing there for just as long as mashiho has, but the other male didn't even seem slightly phased by the train being late or the harsh weather that kept hitting him in the face ㅡ the male hadn't budged from his phone that had his fingerless gloved fingers tapping away on it.

"how can you be so calm about the fact that the bus is going to be late?" mashiho asked, huffing out a puff of air, that formed a small smoke cloud in front of him.

"my lesson starts at 9 am not 8:20 like for some people." the younger casually replied, still tapping away on his mobile device.

with another sigh, mashiho straightened his back and took a look at his surroundings.

it was worn down, that's for sure. the roofs of the small sitting areas had holes in them, not really serving a purpose anymore. the walls were covered in all sorts of graffiti ㅡ raging from gang signs to some sort of phone numbers ㅡ letting teenagers express themselves or make a pathetic attempt to be rebellious.

the trash cans were covered in cigarette butts, small candy wrappers, and some bottles. it was almost only 8 am and the place is already a mess.

the older one out of the two sighed again and turned back around, patiently (not really) waiting for their train to arrive.

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

about 10 minutes later, mashiho finally heard the sound of the train. he nudged haruto who - had put earphones in and was taking a small nap - waking the male up so both of them could finally get on the train.

or so he thought.

since the train was late by a while, more people have gathered around, all waiting for the train to finally get here - ranging from old grannies going to the city pharmacies to young and old businessmen going to work.

the crowd moved in a rushed mess, all of them trying their hardest to get in and find a seat.

mashiho felt himself being pushed in every direction but thankfully haruto had a strong grip on his forearm, making the older slightly more steady.

"this is crazy." mashiho whispered to haruto when they finally got inside the very crowded train. "there is like 3 cities worth of people on this train."

haruto just laughed softly and signaled mashiho to grab onto the grab handle so he doesn't stumble when the train starts moving.

"yeah, i guess it's a busy morning. it's probably the reason the train was so late this morning too..." haruto mumbled, placing his earphones back in, smiling softly at mashiho.

the older smiled back and grabbed onto the handle, closing his eyes for a second because he knows he is going to be so late for his history class. god mr. kim is going to whip my ass if i miss another-

he stumbled on his own thoughts when the train suddenly moved very fast.

he was getting ready to fall right into the old man right behind him and make a mess of his coffee when a hand roughly pushed onto his back, making him straighter his posture and grab the handle as if it was his holy grail.

"you okay?" a soft whisper made it's a way to mashiho's freezing ears, startling the other even more.

"yeah, i'm okay, thank you-" the brunette bowed down slightly, finally looking at the person who saved him from utter and total embarrassment.

hot damn the man was attractive.

"no problem." the taller chipped, voice all roses and wine to mashiho's ears. the male's voice was so pleasing to hear and the shorter couldn't help but smile up at the male.

"i hope you're okay, you looked very shocked." the male chuckled, trying to make some sort of small talk.

the japanese male's smile soon faded though, when he smelled the unwanted stench of nicotine.

he taller noticed the change in emotions immediately because he automatically questioned the shorter: "are you okay?"

mashiho didn't answer but simply reached into his chest pocket for his packet of watermelon flavored gum.

without a word, he shoved the packet at the male, watching the other crack a small smile.

"ah, sorry." he continued to smile and gladly accepted two pieces of chewing gum. "i forgot to buy my own gum, i didn't mean to make you uncomfortable."

"it's okay..." mashiho mumbled, gripping the handlebar a little tighter, feeling the awkwardness grow thicker and thicker.

"my name is junkyu by the way. kim junkyu."

"mashiho. takata mashiho."