A Break Texts P.4

You were laying on your bed when your door bell rang. Grabbing your remote, you paused the show you were watching and got up to go to your front door. Before you opened the door you noticed a piece of popcorn on your chest and grabbed it then ate it. As soon as you opened the door you saw David spin around.

"Hey, sorry it took me longer to get over here than I expected" he said with a smile

"No worries, come on in" you moved to the side and motioned for him to step inside. David looked around the apartment as he took off his jacket and placed it on a chair before following you to the couch.

"Its so much warmer in here than outside, holy crap." He commented as he sat down beside you.

"Yeah, I know I like to keep it cozy" you replied and David knodded.

"So I guess I should just cut to the chase?"

"That would be nice, yeah" you andwered with a giggle

"Ok, well earlier tonight I guess Alex was really bothered by some posts he saw online about you."

"Like what?" You asked and David sat back getting comfortable.

"Well the first one was you at the grove then ice skating, and the last on was something like you laying on a couch I think it was."

"So? All those upset Alex? I just went out and had fun I am allowed to do that."

"No, no, trust me I know that. I just think the thing that upset him is that in most of those pictures you were with a guy hes never seen before. You guys looked pretty comfortable."

"Wait so he saw those pictures and got mad about me hanging out with another guy. But I cant get mad about him constantly hanging out with a girl who has actually tried to break us up and even then after getting in a fight he still continues to see her?!" You began to get angry not so much at David either, mainly just at the things you were hearing. Who was Alex to put on this act all of a sudden? He had no right to get angry at you. He is spending his time with a girl who practically throws herself at him and he just let's her. Better yet it's as if he encourages her the way he constantly sees her.

"Look I know what you're saying and I cant defend that at all. Also I'm not here on Alex's behalf or to try and talk for him. I guess I was mainly caught off guard myself a little bit and just wanted to see what was going on. I wanted to make sure you were ok. Also get the full story so I'm not saying the wrong things to anyone." David tried to reassure you and spoke in a calming manner in attempt to keep your conversation at ease.

"Say the wrong things? What do you mean?"

"Alex was mad and accusing you of being out on a date. I told him we didnt know the full story and he couldn't just accuse you of something like that. He wasnt happy with that but I thought it was the truth. I didnt know the guy was and I didnt want to say the wrong thing or have anyone say something about you that wasnt true." You sighed at his response and knodded.

"Thank you I appreciate that and that guy is my best friend justin." David gave you a half almost an offended and confused look. You giggled at his reaction. "We have been friends since we were babies. Our moms are also best friends. We are really close and always have been. We 100% arent interested in each other. He actually is in the middle of his own girl problems. That's why we were hanging out, to take a break from our love life stress and just have fun with no worries."

"Ok I'm not saying I dont believe you because that does explain a lot. But you guys were holding hands."

"We are both clumsy and dont ice skate often, we were holding each other up." You explain

"ok and the cuddling?" He went on to ask

"We weren't cuddling. We were just messing around about being tired and Y/BFF/N took that picture in the middle of it."

"Oh ok. Well what about me?"

"What about you?" You asked looking at him confused.

"Well where do I stand? What am I to you? Just a friend?" You couldnt help but laugh when you realized what he was getting at.

"You're still considered my best friend David its just so is Justin because I have known him for so long." You reassured him

"OK, good!" You both laughed. Until David sighed and looked down then at you. "And what about Alex?" He asked next and you also sighed.

"I don't know honestly David. It seems like he cares and then it doesn't when hes off hanging out with Jennifer. I just hate that he hangs out with her when he knows what shes doing." You looked down trying to keep yourself together.

"But what if he doesnt?"

"What do you mean? It's obvious. Shes told lies trying to break us up and shes constantly throwing herself at him."

"I know that, and obviously you do too. But let's face it you're the only girl Alex has ever been with and has ever paid any attention to. Maybe he really is that blinded by her. I mean think about it. If he really knew how she was being and he was taking advantage of it and still hanging out with her don't you think he would have cheated?" David watched you as you took in everything he was saying.

"I guess you're right. But it still doesn't change anything. He is still constantly around her when he knows it upsets me. It would be one thing if it was when everyone was around but its not."

"Maybe he needs to be shown who, how, and what she really is." You looked at David confused at his suggestion.

"What do you mean?" You asked

"Well if he really knew she was getting in the way of your relationship especially on purpose he wouldn't want to be around her or have her around anymore."

"Ok and how would he be able to see it if it's been months and hes with her all the time and doesn't see it now?"

"She has to show him herself and we have to let her know that it's ok to." David smiled giving you a look you recognized way to much.

"What exactly do you have in mind for this plan?" You asked. David sat up and leaned forward and began to explain the plan to you. All there was now is hope it would work...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I hope you guys enjoy this part. Let me know what you think. Does it excite you? Do you want a part 5 maybe? What do you think the plan is? Any ideas what the plan should be? Let me know!!