A Break Texts P. 8

Jennifer pulled the door shut after barging into David's room unannounced and being told to leave by Alex.

You couldn't deny it you were pretty shocked that Alex was so forward and stern with Jennifer. Just a few minutes ago they were friendly and fine sitting on the couch in the living room. Alex sighed and turned back towards you.

"I'm sorry about that" he finally spoke

"It's ok. It's not your fault you didn't know she was going to do that." You looked down at your hands then around the room not entirely sure if you should make eye contact with Alex seeing as the situation was now a bit awkward.

"Did you mean it?" Alex finally spoke up again and asked

"What?"

"Did you mean it when you said you see us together forever. That you arent going to give up on us?" He looked hopeful fiddling with his fingers looking directly at you.

"Yeah I did. But I also said that I'd be willing to take it slow. We need to work up to it. I need to get comfortable again and we need to work together as a team understanding each other and such." You explain

Alex stood up from where he was sat and took a step forward towards you.

"I can work with that I promise! We can take all the time you need all the time we both need. I'll prove to you that it's you I want and can trust. I'll do everything and anything you think will work I swear!" He spoke so persistent and sure and began rambling trying everything in his power to reassure you. You giggle and put your hands on his arms.

"Alex, I believe you trust me! We can make it work and I'm sure before we know it we will be right back to where we belong" you smiled and placed your hand on his cheek. He smiled back down at you and leaned forward and kissed your cheek.

"Thank you" he whispered and you shook your head

"You don't need to thank me" you smiled again and kissed his cheek back. He smiled harder and kissed the tip of your nose then your forehead.

"I love you" he said almost in a whisper and you blushed through your smile

"I love you too" you said back

You both stood there for a moment in a comfortable silence. Before you heard a familiar voice echo from the hallway.

"Not trying to rush things but some people have a vlog that needs to be up!"

You and Alex pulled away and both laughed at David who had just yelled from down the hall.

"Well the boss speaks" you said and Alex chuckled

"Yeah, I guess so." He smiled down at you and cupped your chin lifting it up so you were now making eye contact with him. "So we're ok?" He asked and you smiled up at him while nodding.

"Yeah, we're ok" you said and he smiled releasing your chin and turned around walking towards the door.

"We better go before he decides to barge in here next with his flamethrower" he said causing you both too laugh even though you knew it was a likely scenario considering it was infact David you were talking about.

Alex opened the door revealing Jennifer leaning against the wall across. Alex looked at her and just put on a small smile.

"Going out there before he does something completely crazy" he said to her gesturing to the hall to the living room before walking down it. She watched him walk pass her with her arms still crossed.

"Finally!" You heard David say probably as soon as he saw Alex. You just shook your head giggling. You went to walk out of the room but when you looked up towards the door you saw Jennifer walk in with her arms uncrossed now. She closed the door behind her and marched right up in front of you. You looked at her confused but taken back. "What the hell does she want" you thought to yourself. She crossed her arms again and stared at you. You looked at her curious waiting for something but she said nothing.