CH-4 Promise

I started follow princess out of the church , as I get near the exit of church my chest started ache due to heaviness of all these events , that have played out in these recent hours.

I started to repeat all the scenes that had happened in my head one by one, and all the memories that had happened in previous life , one by one , slowly .

Remembering all those memories in my life I got very sad , but suddenly I saw Christine in my memories looking at me while smiling at me sweetly and giving me her hand to support me while getting up from ground.

I smiled in my mind while stopping for a moment , while continuing following princess and I decided whatever the circumstances I will work hard to stand beside Christine to support her, I will work hard to become someone everyone praises , I will work hard to be someone Christine can depend on.

With this determination in my mind, I stepped out of a church.

I covered my eyes with hand due to suddenly exposed to sunlight, and slowly removed my hand to take in the surrounding, I took a deep breath and realized how pure the air is compared to where we came from, this lightened my mood.

With a slight smile on my face, I marched forward with a determination my heart an promise to my soul.

We are walking toward the entrance of a big building which seemed like a castle of a sort while passing through garden, covered in deferent types and colors of flowers.

When we reached the Kings room, princess informed me.

"Ried , don't speak until said so. Is that clear."

"uhh, okay ."

The door of the room opened.

Inside of the room has been decorated in a very luxurious fashion, giving an impact to the person watching of wealth and power. This enough was suffocating enough for any normal person as not speak or do anything until said so.

"So you are Ried, the hero who doesn't have any job and your stats being even less then commoners."

"uhh ..... yes, your highness."

"Well this is indeed the very strange case because every person has a job given to them from birth, I think there is a chance that you will gain a job after you level up. Or do some special event. Hum..... anyways Pope will come with an answer in some time, for now just go and relax in your room, A maid will be assigned to each of the heroes and will be responsible for telling you your training schedule and to take care of your food and other works."

"Thank you, your highness."

"if you don't have any question, then you may take your leave, your helpers will be waiting outside to guide you, uhhh.. there is one more option that you may consider, do you want to know?"

What is this guy talking about? Well, it won't hurt to know.

"what ...., that might be."

"if you don't want to work to become the hero we can give you a good job around the castle so you can live your life out of danger."

No that is a no no, I have to be stronger.

"This is very kind of your highness, but I will rather work hard and try to be stronger to be of any use."

After replying to the king as politely as I can I got out of the room.

In front of me there was a girl, maybe in her twenty, anyways she was quite a beauty and the best part she was wearing maid clothes, I mean this is just cliché. how can these maid clothes be so similar? but anyways I need her help to get started.

"umm.... I think you might be the maid that came to help me to get to my room and get things sorted out."

I asked her to get her attention, as she looked very nervous and seemed out of place. Hearing my voice she looked at me with startled and swiftly bowed to me which gave me a shock for a moment.

"Master please follow me, I am the maid assigned to the hero Ried, I will help in all your daily chores and also will be responsible to guide you around the castle ."

"Thank you, can I have your name.?"

"Yes master, this lowly name is Priya."

"Ohh is that so, quite a nice name, then I will be in your care Priya."

After introducing ourselves we started to go towards my assigned room.