9 The Letter

(3rd person POV)

It had been a few weeks since the incident. Charles Lee was expelled from the school, for hurting multiple other girls other than Y/N. Everything was getting better until Maria Reynolds walked into Lafayette's life. She was the school flirt. Her next target happened to be Lafayette. She hated Y/N to the bone. She saw how Lafayette looked at her, and wanted you out of the picture. She started to secretly leave threatening notes in Y/N's locker. Y/N became distant from Lafayette after receiving one special letter.

Dear Y/N,
Leave Lafayette alone. He has confided in me, saying you were the most annoying person he has ever met. He is just to kind to tell you. So I will. He wants you to leave the house you live in, and go back to your abusive father. We hope you have a good day.
- Maria Reynolds

As she read the letter, tears streamed down her face. "Y/N are you okay?" Angelica said. You gave the letter to her. While she was reading it you packed the things in your locker, except the other mystery letters,and ran to the jeep, Martha let you use it alone to come early. You drove out of the parking lot, and headed to the house. Martha had to work all day, so there was no one there. You ran to your room, throwing the original clothes that you had brought to the house in your other bag. You then left a note on the kitchen island.

Dear Everyone,
I got a note from Maria Reynolds saying that Lafayette hates me and wants me to leave the house. Because he is the closest to me, or so I thought, I want him to be happy. So, I'm leaving back to my "fathers" house like the note said. Lafayette, I wish you had told me sooner, I have become attached to all of you, and it pains me to leave. But I have too. I love you all.

- Y/N/N (your nickname)

Y/N left after she finished the letter. She ran into the woods down the street.

(Lafayette's POV)

I was walking to class, when Angelica slammed a pice of paper to my chest and slapped me. "Mon amie! What was that for!?"

"That was for Y/N!" She said walking away. I looked down at the piece of paper. It was a note.

Dear Y/N,
Leave Lafayette alone. He has confided in me, saying you were the most annoying person he has ever met. He is just to kind to tell you. So I will. He wants you to leave the house you live in, and go back to your abusive father. We hope you have a good day.
- Maria Reynolds

What! This was not true! I loved Y/N! I raced to catch up to Angelica. "Je didn't say any of zis! Je iz not friends wiz Maria Reynolds!" I explained

"What! Your not?....Come on let's go!"

"Where are we going!"

"To Y/N's locker!" We both knew her number, so when we got there, letters fell from the shelf. They were the only things left in her locker. I picked on up.

Dear Y/N,
Stay away from Lafayette! He is mine! He doesn't even like you!

Another-

Dear Y/N,
I don't think you understand what I mean when I say STAY AWAY FROM LAFAYETTE! You worthless pice of shit!

"Non!" He says.

"You have to tell the others, and Mr. and Mrs. Washington!" Angelica says. I nod, and race to the front office.

"George! Y/N... letter... empty locker... gone!"

"Slow down, Laf! Please repeat!"

"Maria Reynolds has been giving Y/N letters, and she gave her one that said she should go back to her fathers house because I hate her! She's gone! Her locker was empty!" I explained in one breath. George doesn't say anything, just leaves to the vice principals office.

"Let's go get the others, we're going home!" He says coming back in and grabbing the keys from his desk. "Betsy! Send down my kids! Important family crisis!"

"Yes sir! Hello, if you are Alexander Hamilton, Hercules Mulligan, Thomas Jefferson, John Laurence, James Maddison, and Aaron Burr, please report to the front office immediately!" She said into the intercom. Minutes later, they all came running down the hallway.

"Where is Y/N?" Thomas asked worried. I felt a tang of jealousy. I had a feeling that he liked Y/N too.

"Gone! Everyone in the car!" George said rushing us to the car.

When we got to the house, I was the first one in. I raced to our room. Her stuff was still here. Wait her clothes she had brought to the house were gone, and so was her bag. Her school bag was thrown into the corner. I ran back downstairs. The back door was ajar, and there was a note sitting on the island.

Dear Everyone,
I got a note from Maria Reynolds saying that Lafayette hates me and wants me to leave the house. Because he is the closest to me, or so I thought, I want him to be happy. So, I'm leaving back to my "fathers" house like the note said. Lafayette, I wish you had told me sooner, I have become attached to all of you, and it pains me to leave. But I have too. I love you all.

- Y/N/N (your nickname)

"Guys! She's already gone!" I yelled. They all raced in. I handed the letter to George. Everyone read it over there shoulder. I remembered something from last week.

Flashback

"Laf, look at this! We made a fort! Oh my God. It looks amazing! Thank you for bringing me to the woods!" She said happily.

"No problem! I love ze woods!"

Flashback Ends

"She's in the woods!" I yelled and ran out of the door.