10 The Woods

(Y/N POV)

I sat down it the fort we had made. He wouldn't look here, because he didn't care about me. I loved Lafayette, and he didn't even like being around me. I had put together the duet we sang for him, and he probably got a kick out of it. I hated this feeling. The feeling of brokenness. He was probably kissing Maria Reynolds right now for getting me out of his life. The thought of them kissing made me cry harder, if that was even possible. So many thoughts came to my mind. Even though he wanted me to go back to my "fathers" house, I wouldn't. I couldn't. I hated that man, and would never live with him again. It was the beginning of winter, and was super cold. We lived in Detroit, Michigan, so I was normally cold. Most winter nights have freezing temperatures in Detroit and normally 15 nights drop to 10 °F or below. Tonight was one of those nights. I was only wearing a pair of jeans, shirt, and my hoodie. I knew I would probably get a cold, but I didn't care. I knew that I would die, I didn't have food or water, and I didn't plan on getting food or water. It was 7:00 PM. It took me a solid 2 hours to even reach the fort. I shivered as another gust of wind hit my face. It started to drizzle, lightly and then harder. The was snow covering, the once green, grass. It was like the Snow Queen had come though the woods. Snow covered your shoes. I looked down at my hand, which had lost feeling, they were turning blue, and frost lightly glazed them. I decided to close my eyes, hoping I wouldn't wake up. I didn't want to be broken anymore.

(2 hours later. Lafayette's POV)

I had been in the forest for 2 hours. It had been snowing violently, and I was worried that Y/N would get frostbite. I came upon a little hut, made from sticks. This was it. I raced to it, praying she was in it. I ducked down to get in, and there she was. Snow covered her hair, hands, and feet. Her hands were already blue, and it was starting to spread. She had blue lips and a blue nose. I picked her up. She was limp. George and Thomas had followed me into the forest, and gasped at the sight of the girl I was carrying. George took her from my arms, and began to run, as fast as he could to the start of the forest. I ran with him, Thomas trailing behind us.

We had called Alex, to get him to come pick us up in the golf cart, because we couldn't run anymore. The snow was slowly draining our power, and Y/N looked even worse than she did an hour ago. Suddenly we saw the golf cart. With a new hope, we ran to it. "Drive!" George ordered. I took her from his arms. Her H/C hair was frozen in place. Even though she was slowly she looked like an Ange. Mon ange (my angle). Her breathing, that had once been steady, was slowing.

"Non! Drive faster!" I yelled. I felt the cart speed up a little. We were out of the woods within 5 minuets. Once back at the house, George, Thomas, Alex, and I all got in the car. We booked it to the hospital. Once there, a doctor took her from my arms. She was whisked off to the emergency room. I tried to go with them, but two nurses pushed me back. "Please! I have to see her!" I yelled. I then felt someone from behind pull me into a hug. It was George. I let the tears, I didn't know I had been holding, out.

It had been an hour, and she still wasn't out yet! By now everyone was here. I paced back and forth, everyone watching me sadly. "Please, sit down Lafayette. Your going to drive yourself crazy." George pleaded.

I shook my head. "Non, not until I know she is fine." She sighed.

The doctor that had taken her walked out to us. I stopped pacing, and looked at him hopefully. "You May see her. She is fine, but any longer in that snow, she would have gotten frostbite, and died. Room 229." He said. I nodded and ran past him. 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229! I didn't knock, I just burst in. She was laying down on the bed, there was an IV on her left arm. She looked at me when I came in.

"Lafayette?" She said quietly

"Mon ange!"

"I thought you hated me."

"Non! Ze letter was fake! I don't hate you!"

"Really?!" She said. I nodded. There were tears coming down her face. I wiped them with my thumb, and pulled her into a hug. She clung to me.

"Y/N! Oh my god! Your okay!" Martha said. I let go of her, but she don't let go of me. She only let go when Martha hugged her. Soon she had hugged everyone. "The doctor says you can leave tonight. But after they get this IV out of you."

"I'll stay with her, and you all can go home." I offered. They all agreed, well all except Thomas.

"I want to stay too!" He said.

"I think we should let Lafayette stay. Let's not overwhelm Y/N too much." George said winking at me.

"Fine!" And with that they all left us alone.

"Thank you." She said out of nowhere

"For what?"

"Saving me, and staying with me."

And then I said something I didn't think she would understand. "je t'aime." I said. She had been looking down, but after I said that her hear snapped up.

"You love me?"

"You know how to say I love you in French? We aren't that far into the class!"

"I've been learning on my own. I looked it up after Thomas said that to me. I didn't understand it then, but I do now, and... je t'aime aussi." She replied smiling.