Chapter 12

Copyright © 2019 Nicole Mckoy

Zoey P.O.V.

I was tempted to text Caleb but was trying to hold back. After our night together and taking things slightly to the next level I was closer to wanting to just go all the way.

I feel like he's only going to wait so long. I mean I don't feel any pressure from him but I also know he feels like I'm slightly teasing him when that isn't my intentions.

"So when I got home the other night Caleb was leaving with a huge satisfied smirk on his face. You finally let him hit?" Cheyenne asked.

Cheyenne and I were out for a walk around the block. We needed to catch up. With the changes I was going through at work and my budding romance with Caleb I hadn't really had time to hang out with Cheyenne.

"I don't kiss and tell," I said playing coy.

"Bitch please! Spill," Cheyenne said as she gave me a playful nudge.

"Alright I'll spill. He went down on me and it was good," I said.

"Really? Like on a scale of one to ten," Cheyenne said.

"He was for sure a ten. I mean Malcolm is all I have to compare him to but there was a difference," I said.

"You think it's because he's older or because he's white?" Cheyenne asked.

"I don't know actually. I mean I've only ever been with black guys. You've been with both. Have you ever noticed a difference?" I asked.

"Well with black guys they have stamina and white guys have speed. I mean black guys know how to make it last. Not to say white guys can't last. But they sure as hell know how to go fast," Cheyenne said.

"I have a feeling Caleb is going to be good in bed," I said.

"Well while we're speaking about white chocolate... how are you two connecting mentally. I mean I get you two are sexually attracted but how do your conversations go?" Cheyenne asked.

"They go well. He's father is a judge and his mother is a lawyer. He's what I'd call an entrepreneur. I like that Caleb is a self-made millionaire. I mean he's got a drive not most men have. He goes after what he wants and doesn't just sit back waiting for shit to happen. It's sexy to see," I said.

"So have you opened up to him about your past? I mean your upbringing? You didn't grow up with a sliver spoon in your mouth like him and I just feel you should let him know you've been through some real shit... I mean if you're trying to have something real with him," Cheyenne said.

"Right now things have been fun. If I get too deep with him too quick I might scare him away. Although I guess he has his own demons and I'm not scared yet," I said.

"What kind of demons does he have?" Cheyenne asked.

"If I tell you, you can't judge because I didn't judge him when I found out," I said.

"Tell me," Cheyenne said.

"When he took me to Vegas with him I caught him doing coke in the bathroom. He told me he only does drugs when he parties and vacations. I told him I didn't want him doing drugs anymore and he promised me he'd stop. I made him choose between me or the drugs and he chose me," I said.

Cheyenne stopped walking and looked at me dumbfounded.

"Zoey come on girl. You can't be this naïve. He's like thirty something right? If he's been partying this hard his whole life what makes you think you're so special to stop him? Wake up!" Cheyenne said.