3

bambam liked attention and affection. so he liked people who gave him those things. and it made it hard to know if he had a crush on said person. but he was sure he liked mark. even yugyeom had told bambam that mark never warmed up to anyone as quickly as he had with bambam.

bambam giggled as he skipped upstairs, ready to wake mark up for the breakfast he had helped make. he didn't even think to knock on the door because he did it so often. but that shown to be a mistake very quickly.

he opened the door only for his smile to drop and his heart sink because in front of him was mark, as he expected, but there was also a girl in his bed. said girl was also naked, exposed to bambam the moment he looked into the room.

"oh." bambam closed the door a bit louder than he meant to, waking mark and the girl up.

as bambam ran downstairs, jackson happened to walk in the door, catching the hybrid before he slipped on the tile.

"hey, what's wrong?" he asked, not letting bambam run away. he just hoped bambam didn't bite him again because he had two very sharp cat teeth and it had hurt a lot last time.

"nothing." but the tears streaming down his face said otherwise. so jackson pulled bambam to the couch in efforts to calm him down so he might be able to explain why he was so upset.

mark knew he messed up. how could he not? he sighed and pulled at his hair, knowing he had to figure out what do do quickly.

bambam sat on jackson's lap, crying into his chest about how boys don't like hybrids and he had no chance anyway. that he should have expected this. jackson's heart broke as he listened to bambam's cries. he rubbed the kitten's ears and whispered to him that boys love him.

mark walked the girl out of the house, not realizing bambam was in the living room and saw it. jackson put 2 and 2 together and was ready to start something. but he had to worry about the crying kitten in his lap.

"bambam-" mark started but bambam turned away and hid his face in jackson's neck. "i'm sorry."

mark ashamedly left and went up to his room. he wasn't proud of what he had done and he definitely wasn't happy that bambam had found out. but he didn't blame bambam for his reaction.

"bambam, you really like mark, huh?" bambam sadly nodded and wiped his tears with his sweater sleeve. but upon remembering that it was mark's hoodie, he pulled it off and threw it on the ground.

jackson stood up, carrying bambam to his room to get him back in another shirt because the house was pretty cold.

over his own crying, bambam couldn't hear what was coming from the bedroom next to him but jackson could. jackson had seen and heard mark cry, but never like that.

jackson didn't doubt that mark really did like bambam. he just didn't know why he would do what he had done.

"hey, bam, how about we go eat? your breakfast probably tastes so good and we can't let it get cold." jackson wiped bambam's tears and smiled at the kitten.

bambam's ears were flattened against his head and his tail was down between his legs as he walked downstairs. their friends were confused but it was obvious that bambam was upset so they didn't say anything.

"what happened?" jaebum asked jackson once he gave bambam a plate of the food he had been so proud of just minutes before.

jackson sighed as he leaned against the kitchen counter. "mark slept with some girl last night and bambam went to go wake mark up and saw her. naked."

bambam sniffled as he ate, wishing the morning would have gone differently and mark could be telling him that he cooked good.

once bambam finished his food and washed his plate and then all of the other dishes, he curled up on the couch next to yugyeom and jinyoung who had been told what happened while bambam was preoccupied eating.

"hey, bam, want to hang out today?" yugyeom asked softly, assuming bambam didn't want to be in the same house as mark. so they got dressed in comfy clothes and agreed to see a movie.

bambam walked downstairs in a large hoodie and a pair of sweatpants that could hide his ears and tail because hybrids weren't exactly the most popular in society.

almost immediately after bambam and yugyeom left, jinyoung made his way up to mark's room. he knocked on the door, slowly walking in when he didn't get a reply.

"mark, sit up." jinyoung sat on the end of mark's bed and pulled on the blanket that was covering mark's face. "we have to talk about this, mark, because obviously you and bambam are both upset."

"what is there to talk about, jinyoung? i'm a piece of shit." mark began to tear up again as he finally sat up. "i'm so fucking dumb. i don't know what i did. bambam fucking hates me."

"what happened last night? why did you bring home some random girl when everyone knows that you and bam had at least something going on? it's not a secret that you like each other."

"i don't know. i'm not good enough for bambam. he's so beautiful and sweet. i got drunk last night and don't even remember bringing her home. jinyoung, i don't know what i did. what's he doing?"

"he and yugyeom went to go see a movie. they'll probably go get food, too. yugyeom will text me when they're on their way back. bambam might not want to see you for a little bit so stay away from him and he'll come to you when he's ready."

jinyoung got mark to leave him room but mark broke down again when he saw his hoodie thrown onto the floor, presumably by bambam since he always wore mark's hoodies and sweatshirt.

after yugyeom texted jinyoung to tell him that he and bambam are on their way back, mark went back to his room. he didn't want bambam to be uncomfortable or upset because he was around and he only wanted what was best for bambam.