4

bambam snuck out of his bedroom, knocking lightly on mark's so it didn't wake anyone else up. it was three in the morning and he would feel bad for bothering anyone else. he felt a bit bad for waking mark up but he was too scared to be alone.

"yeah?" mark's sleepy voice called, which bambam took as permission to come in because the only thing bambam thought was scarier than being in his bedroom alone during a thunderstorm, was standing in the dark hallway alone during a thunderstorm.

the two hadn't even really talked since the other day but bambam didn't care. he tip toed into the room, shutting the door behind him.

"can i sleep in here?" a clap of thunder sounded and bambam shrieked. mark held his blanket up and let bambam crawl in next to him.

mark could feel bambam shaking from beside him so he wrapped his arms around the scared  kitten. he pulled the blanket over their heads so bambam couldn't see the lightning flashing in the window.

"hey, bambam, how about we watch a movie," mark offered to distract bambam from the elements scaring him from outside. and selfishly, he wanted to spend some time awake with him after not even speaking to him for a few days.

mark reached over to his desk and grabbed his laptop and a pair of earbuds. he had to let go of bambam so he could stand to find another pair of earbuds and his double headphone jack so they could both hear the movie.

while mark was up, he fastened his blanket so it was between the wall and the head of the bed frame, creating a bit of a fort that they could sit up in while still keeping the lightning hidden from bambam.

bambam shook his head when mark asked if there was anything he wanted to watch so mark went to netflix and scrolled until bambam said he liked one of them.

while bambam was sleepily engrossed in the movie, mark was petting the kitten behind his ears and rubbing his ears. bambam had laid his head on mark's chest so he could see the movie better because the laptop was sitting on mark's stomach.

bambam seemed to have forgotten the storm as he purred loudly and didn't once tear his eyes away from the laptop.

once the movie was over, the storm was still going strong, and it was nearly five in the morning, mark connected their joined earbuds to his phone to play some music. "lets go to sleep, bambam."

"mark, who was that girl that was here?" bambam asked, taking one of the earbuds out of his ear.

"i- i don't know her name, bammie. let's talk in the morning, okay? it's late. jackson will even be waking up soon."

bambam agreed, quickly clinging onto mark when there was more thunder.

they didn't wake up until past noon the next day. everyone who didn't have work were sitting in the living room, wondering what happened with bambam staying in mark's room.

youngjae had gone to wake up bambam but realized he wasn't in there. they hadn't even considered the thought that he would be in mark's room until jaebum checked after checking every other room.

it was still storming when mark started to wake up around 12:30. he saw bambam still sleeping soundly but he knew they should eat at some point.

bambam woke up but he didn't want to stand, so mark let bambam cling to the front of him like a koala so he could carry him downstairs. bambam nuzzled his face into the side of mark's neck, beginning to fall back asleep.

mark had to wake bambam up because his legs were slipping off of mark's waist. "hey, how about we go make some food and come back up here to talk about everything?"

bambam nodded, removing his face from where it was nuzzled. he clung to mark as they started walking downstairs in fear of falling.

"hey, morning," jaebum said awkwardly when bambam and mark got downstairs. "well, i guess afternoon."

"hey, me and bam are gonna make breakfast and then go upstairs to talk." mark patted bambam's lower back making bambam look up to smile and wave to his friends shyly.

mark made eggs for himself and bambam before they went back to mark's room. they both ate before they started talking about the heavy topic that had hurt both of them quite a bit.

"bammie, i want you to know that i never intended to hook up with her or anyone. i just went out to drink and i ended up drunk and brought her home. and i'm really sorry and i know i'm an asshole but i hope we can go back to how we were because not talking to you were a few of the worst days of my life."

"i really missed talking to you, too."

"bammie, can i tell you something?" mark asked softly, he grabbed bambam's hands but because bambam was still part kitten, he pulled his hands away like any kitten would. "sorry, i forgot about your hands."

"it's okay. what do you want to say?"

"i really like you. and i'd like to be able to be your boyfriend so i could be better to you than your ex. i think you deserve the world and i know i can't give you that but i would like to be able to give you anything you should ever need or want."

bambam pounced forward and hugged mark making both of them fall backwards. his tail was twitching, showing his happiness as he pressed his nose against mark's cheek.

"will you be my boyfriend, bammie?" mark asked, moving his hand up to pet and rub bambam's ears. bambam's ears shot up before he nodded enough and fast to hurt his head of mark hadn't have stopped him.

bambam pecked mark's cheek with his lips, giving mark butterflies because of how happy he was.

//

anyone want a fic where bambam is mark's goth best friend turned bf? would be based off fangs by matt champion
i have another one where mark is lowkey a jerk for a while but markbam are models