Teaser

"You three are insane!". The man backed away from them in fear with a heaving chest and wild eyes. His back hit the wall. There was nowhere left to run.

Glass from the shattered lightbulbs crunched under his feet, causing the only noise other than his own labored breathing. Electric blue eyes glowed in the darkness in front of him. He could see nothing else: just those eyes. But he knew that her two companions were here somewhere: hidden in the shadows.

She stepped towards him, and he could make out the faint silhouette of her hood and mask that protected her identity. The clouds parted, and for the briefest moment, moonlight shone through the window of his living room. The woman in front of him seemed to glow with it: harsh, cold, and unforgiving. He knew he would get no mercy from her.

He couldn't see her face, but somehow, he knew she was grinning. A shiver crawled down his spine like a spider.

"How could you think so lowly of us, Mr. Gibson?", she asked with a pout, that same giddy light in her eyes. "I assure you that at least two thirds of us are completely sane".

He was not at all reassured.

"W-What do you want from me?", he asked, standing up straighter and attempting to get some of his composure back.

"Want from you? Why, we don't want anything from you, Mr. Gibson". The voice floated through the air, slithering into his ear like a snake and filling him with false calm. The second of his pursuers and the one who had spoken stepped out into the relative light, revealing the lower half of his face to be nothing more than a skeleton. Hellfire licked at the edges of his irises which were such an intensely dark brown, it was as though he had no whites to his eyes at all.

A demon.

"In fact, that's exactly what we want from you:", he continued, "Nothing. After tonight, your despicable soul will no longer taint this world with its darkness, and you will be where you belong". He took a dramatic pause here, his demonic eyes gaining a new anticipatory glint to them. "In the Fields of Punishment being tortured for all of eternity".

"Simply put", said the last of them, stepping out of the shadows, "The Olympian Council has sentenced you to death. And frankly", he said, resting the tip of his sword on his victim's collarbone, "I'm inclined to agree".

Anger and hopelessness filled him, and in a last bid for survival, he lashed out. "And who are you, then?! The council's lapdogs, sent out to do their dirty work?!". The moment the words left his lips, he knew they were a mistake.

Instead of the anger he expected to see, there was only sadistic glee hovering in those eyes.

"Lapdogs? Oh no. No, no, no, no, no. We're not their lapdogs. We're the monsters under their beds. The warped beings created from their own manipulation. Killing you was a favor the council called in from us. Not the other way around". A savage grin graced his deadly features, flashing pearly white canines that looked just a little bit longer than they should; like a predator baring it's teeth at its prey.

"Go to hell", he hissed with as much venom and contempt as he could muster. The tremble in his voice gave him away.

The demon standing behind his soon-to-be-killer tilted its head and smiled in a way that would have been considered condescending if it had lips.

"Been there, done that, honey. They made me royalty".

A flash of silver and bronze was the last thing he saw before his world went dark. For good.

A/N:

Hello again! I'm back with another crossover! I know this isn't really obvious from the description and teaser, but if you took a look at the tags, you'd see that this is, in fact, an Avengers crossover. And don't worry, that will be a major part of the story later on. How'd you like the teaser? I know the description isn't as good as my descriptions usually are, but originally, I was going to have the teaser as the description. Unfortunately, Wattpad wouldn't let me do that because it was more than 2,000 characters. (Boo!)

Anywho, hope you guys enjoy! 

Goodbye, my lovelies! :3