Chapter 4

The cabin leaders had gathered around the ping pong table in the rec room. The chaos from after the battle had been contained for now, and they finally had a spare moment to hold the necessary meeting. Especially with how the battle ended. Nobody but Percy knew exactly what had happened.

Looking around the table, it was plainly obvious that a battle had just occurred. Everybody's clothes were covered in monster dust, dirt, and blood. There were haphazard bandages wrapped around various parts of their bodies, smaller wounds left untreated in the triage. And of course, those few empty seats around the table that just served as a reminder of those who hadn't made it.

The mood was somber, yet at the same time, relieved. The war was finally over. They had done it. They had actually done it. They had defeated a primordial goddess.

Fourteen bright flashes of golden light flashed behind where Chiron was standing, abating to reveal the Olympians, Hades, and Hestia. They seated themselves on miniature thrones that they had conjured for themselves, more or less sitting at the table right alongside their children.

There were a few moments of silence before somebody finally asked the question.

"So she's really gone, Lord Zeus? The war is over?".

There was a note of hope in her voice that exactly matched that which was blooming in the heart of all those gathered at the table, despite their losses.

Hestia smiled gently.

"Yes, my child. Lady Gaea is gone, killed and dispersed by the storm that Perseus conjured. Her most concentrated form has been ripped apart, her very essence scattered so far she won't have enough energy to form a consciousness again for many millennia".

There were cheers and even a few whoops of excitement and relief. One of the Stolls popped open a bottle a champagne that they got from... somewhere and started spraying everybody in the room with it. It was immediately dispersed by Dionysus after a pointed look from Zeus while Chiron looked on at the guilty expressions on their faces with disapproving brown eyes.

"And what of my son?", Poseidon asked after giving them a sufficient amount of time to calm down.

The somber mood returned full force, and all attention was immediately on Will and the small spots and splatters of blood that decorated his scrub top.

Apollo nodded at his son, his face showing a rare moment of seriousness, giving Will the support that he needed.

He stood up, taking one last deep breath before speaking.

"I'm sorry, Lord Poseidon. I really am, but I couldn't save his right arm. It was much too badly damaged, and there really wasn't much I could do to fix it beyond removing it to prevent it from becoming infected".

Poseidon drew in a sharp breath, and his eyes grew slightly misty. He was overjoyed that his son still lived, but to live a life without one of his limbs? That would be trying at best. Not to mention the effect it would have on him mentally. Poseidon very seriously doubted that his son would still be sane when he woke up.

"His other injuries were healed by my father himself when he was dead, and we maxed out the amount of ambrosia and nectar we could give him just to be safe".

The sea god nodded numbly, unable to form proper words. Thankfully, his niece saved him from having to.

"So he's okay now?".

Will nodded again mutely.

"Good", she turned towards her remaining Greek cousin next to her with a grin. The image was slightly ruined by her red eyes and the tear tracks on his face, but for the sake of his life the old sea god decided not to mention that. "Now we can go kill him again for being so godsdamned stupid!". Nobody mentioned the slight crack in her voice at the end of her sentence.