01.

(Y/N) collapsed on the couch near Cuttlefish Cabin, exhausted from collecting all the Sunken Scrolls Marie actually got interested in and asked him to collect them. It wasn't very easy either. (Y/N) always feared that he missed it every time he went onto the next checkpoint. Luckily, for him, he managed to collect five of them, out of the remaining twenty.
"Ugh..." (Y/N) groaned, leaning his head far back rubbing his temples, "why does she want those so much?!"

(Y/N) fiddled with the remote to get the TV working, hoping to watch something interesting but with no avail. He grunted trying to realign the antenni to get a signal. Nothing. (Y/N) flunked back down onto the couch. Octavio watched him from behind the glass, clutching onto his wasabi sticks for some reason.
"You wanna talk?" Octavio asked,
"Hell no."

Nothing interesting to do, nothing but talk to Herr Stinkball stuck in a snowglobe. Man... It was boring. Eventually, something happened...

The grate begun to shake, the sound on swimming in ink emitted from the grate and three people came out. One of them stuck the landing, the other somersaulted in mid air and fell face flat on the dirt whilst the other one stuck their head up through the head. One of them wore a peculiarly designed headset that covered the ears entirely and was joined together by some rods of bent metal. She wore a black long sleeve suit with a reflective coat on top of it. A lure and a small blue squid hung off her suit behind her on the waist line.. her shoes also looked very weird: pointy, neon green and glowing green on some spots. For some reason, she wore an oversized band aid on the back of her head, injured possibly? To her left was a person wearing a half sleeved black top with a small zipper going down by the sides. She wore a pair of black high heels with a reflective ring around her leg. She certainly didn't look like a normal Inkling. Something about her tentacles were suspicious. The other person finally climbed out of the grate. He wore a reversed white Cap of Legend with glasses. A blocky pair of headphones was placed behind his neck as it hung on. He was wearing a green tracksuit with some medals on the left side of it. His shoes were very retro and simple just like something Krak On would produce. He was also very old, and knowing this, (Y/N) immediately recognised him; Cap'n Cuttlefish, the leader of the New (and Old) Squidbeak Splatoon. Callie and Marie then stormed out of the cabin, nearly tripping over each other. Callie's eyes shot up, homing in on Cuttlefish and leaping other pulling in him for an embrace.

"Gramps!!" Callie exclaimed, "I missed you so much!"
"Whoa ho!" Cuttlefish responded, "settle down Callie!"
"Hello, Cuttlefish," said Marie, "nice to see you again after so long."
"Ah it's nothing!" Responded Cuttlefish, waving it all off, "I'm back anyways."

(Y/N) got up from his seat, straightening himself and tidying himself up. It's the captain for god's sake! Show some respect. (Y/N) approached him and greeted him,
"Hello, sir," (Y/N) greeted, sticking his hand out for a handshake, "I'm Agent 4 of the New Squidbeak Splatoon."
"Ah, ha!" Cuttlefish replied, hastily shaking his hand, "so YOU'RE the one Marie's been talking about all this time. I've heard many great things about you and I believe I owe you a thanks for saving my distressed granddaughter, Callie."
"No worries captain," (Y/N) said, "I should be the one thanking you for getting here before I die of boredom. Trust me, shooting Stinkbrain's globe gets boring eventually."
"You'll regret saying that!" Octavio yelled, pounding the glass, "I'll come out of this and whoop your ass back to that backwater dump, Stinkopolis."

(Y/N) simply scoffed, looking away and throwing a Splat Bomb at him. Octavio braced, even though he knew it wouldn't hurt him. (Y/N) took a look at the other two people who stood there listening.

"Oh, how stupid, am I?!" Cuttlefish exclaimed, "you three have never met eachother, aye?"
"Uhh, yeah." Said the other inkling standing there with a blank face,
"Anyways, this is Agent 3," introduced Cuttlefish, pointing at the Inkling, "she was the saviour of Inkopolis Plaza and the main reason you're referred to as your sign name, Agent 4."
"Ah, so you're the great saviour I've heard of!" (Y/N) exclaimed, sticking his hand out for a handshake, "nice to meet you!"

3 just simply stared, putting a blank expression on her face and crossing her arms.

"Huh, OK then." (Y/N) answered, "anyways, who is she?"
"Oh, her?" Cuttlefish asked, "that's Agent 8, an Octoling who escaped the Deepsea Metro."
"Hm, nice meeting you."

(Y/N) stuck his hand out again, hoping for a response. 8 was confused at first before realising what he wanted and shakes his hands energetically, shaking it as if she was trying of dislodge it from him.
"Hey, hey, hey! Easy, girl!" (Y/N) said, "don't try to kill me."
She just stared at him with a frightened face and backed off.
"Huh, family bonding, I guess," Octavio said behind the glass,
"Octavio, my old friend," Cuttlefish responded, "there is so much we need to talk about."
"Ugghhh..." Octavio moaned.

Marie moved closer and inspected the band aid on 3's head,
"What's with the band aid?" Marie asked,
"What's with the band aid on Octavio's globe?" 3 responded.

Silence ensured.

Callie, being the energetic one, broke it by pulling 3 into a hug,

"3! My old friend! We still are right, right?!" Callie frantically asked, "tell me, tell me, TELL ME!!"
"YES, yes, of course we are! Geez..." 3 replied, shaking off Callie, "don't leap on me like that, ok?"
"Don't mind her," Marie said, "you know Callie."
"Why wouldn't I?" 3 replied blankly,

3 went other to Octavio's globe and knocked on it lightly,

"3..." Octavio responded, "I never missed you."
"Good." 3 responded.

3 walked to Cuttlefish Cabin and sat down on Callie's pillow. She stretched her legs and relaxed. 8, on the other hand, walked around poking things and examining them.
"She's rather daft, you know," Octavio said, "that is not Octoling material.
"You're right," (Y/N) replied, "just like you."
Octavio scoffed, turning around and looking away.

(Y/N) knew one thing; him and 3 weren't going to get along too well.

Hey guys, sorry about not updating in a long time. Lack of motivation and ideas have delayed this for so long. There's is another book heading your way. It has been in the making for quite a while now...
Woomy out~