Chapter 6

"What?"  I said to Luke so softly it was barely a whisper.

        "I love you Peyton Lily Miller and you will become my girlfriend and the mother of my children even if it is the last thin I do!"  he exclaims.    "Luke, are you drunk?  Because I know that you of all people would never say this when they are sober."

        "I am not drunk, Peyton.  I just am confessing my feelings because I had enough of seeing you with Brandon and everything.  I am completely jealous of my best friend since kindergarden and I am not afraid to admidt it!"  he pleads to me.  Luke is actually telling the truth!  I never thought this would happen unless in my dreams and now that is has I'm not so sure if I wanted it too.  "Peyton, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me in all of my 21 years of living!  You are the reason I smile every day, the reason I get up in the moring,  the reason I enjoy being on this earth!  If I never met you I already know that I wouldn't have had a complete life.  I'm sorry if this is a little sudden and confusing for you right now, but I want you to break up with Brandon and go out with me.  Even if it is only on one date, just to find out some things about each other and see if we want to take this forward."

        I am truly shocked right now.  I wish that Brandon was here for me.  Sad, I know.  I have learned to depend on him for help with things like that and I am so confused right now.

        "I need time Luke.  I'm sorry."  I say quietly closing the door.  "Open up!  Peyton, please!  Let me explain!"  Luke yells outside of the door forgetting it's now 12 midnight and most people are either studying or trying to get sleep.  Something I should have right now!

        "Who was that?"  Jess asks walking over to the door.

        "Nobody.  Just some weird drunk."  I tell her, not wanting her to ask questions and know what happened.  She still doesn't know me and Brandon were fake-dating.

        "Oh ok.  Goodnight.  For hopefully the last time tonight!"  she says to me at the end putting her fist up in a triumpfant motion.  "Oh.  I know right!" finally drifting off in perfection AKA-dreamland.

Brandon's POV

        Sunlight, sunlight, and more light is all I see when I wake up.  Something is tickling my arm, but it feels like it is supposed to be there.  What the....?  Oh god!  It's a girl!  What did I do?  Coach is going to kill me!  Wait!  I know that hair.  And the freckles.  Oh my God!  It's Summer!  What happened last night?  How did she get in my bed?  I thought she left. 

        Oh that's right.  That's what happened.  Peyton is going to kill me...

AFTER BRANDON LEFT PEYTON'S DORM

        Walking out of Peyton's dorm room I feel defeated.  Here she gave me a great opportunity to get to know Summer better and possibly go on a date or two.  That's kind of a long shot... Mayebe I could have gotten her number. 

        Checking Instagram I see that summer is on her way to New York City.  She is stuck in an airport because of a flight delay.  This is it!  The perfect opportunity!  I can go to the airport and tell her to come back with me and at least go to coffee or something.  I got to start moving NOW!

        "Hey Luke, I'm going to be late for practice tomorrow if I show up at all.  Bye!"  I called Luke as I was putting my shirt on and packing a small suitcase just incase I have to go on that plane.

        Running into the airport I ask the front desk lady to point me in the direction of Gate G, which is where Summer is from the photo.  Finally after running for a good solid 2 minutes, which is a breeze for me because of football, I make it.  I see her and they start to announce something.