sixteen

sixteen

~ Vanessa ~

I flutter my eyes open to see I am still cuddled up on the sofa naked with Luke. I look towards the clock to see it is almost eleven at night. I grab my phone finding a message from one of the boys telling me they're out partying. I then roll over to see Luke sleeping peacefully. I go to stroke his hair when my ring glistens and I stop. I gulp feeling guilt take over my body. I need to get him out of here.

"Luke" I whisper. He doesn't move. "Luke!" I scream and he literally jumps out of his skin. "What? What's going on? What's happened are you okay?" He places his hand on the small of my back. "You need to go" I demand standing up and covering my bare body with the blanket. "What? Why?" He frowns pulling his boxers on. "In case you've forgotten, I'm engaged. To Nathan!" I hold my ring hand up before pulling on my underwear. "Did you not feel anything?" Luke questions. Of course I did! "No" I lie after getting dressed I brush my hair. "I did. I felt magic, I felt love" He says quietly and my heart melts. "Luke" I put on a laugh. "I've known you for what? A day? I love Nathan!"

"So that sob story, about him blanking you out, it was all just an act? Lies?" He stands up, ruffling his hair before pulling his snapback onto his head. "No Luke. But Nathan is my fiancé and I love him, I just don't know where my feelings are at the moment" I answer truthfully. He nods looking down. "But please" I grab his hand. "Don't tell anyone about this, Nathan will hate me. Everybody will hate me! Just promise me please" I plead. "Hey" His hand caresses my cheek. "I promise you, I won't tell anybody. I swear."

"Thank you" A sigh of relief leaves my lips.

"Anything for you" He slips on his leather jacket before turning to me. "I guess I'll see you around" He smiles rubbing his arm awkwardly. "I guess so" I walk over to him, I close my eyes leaning in and pecking his cheek. "See you later" I wave as he leaves. I fall back on the sofa with a huge sigh. A few minutes later, I hear the front door open then a voice call. "Nessa?"

Shit it's Nathan.

I quickly turn on the TV, lying on the sofa, pulling the blanket over me and pretending to be asleep. I hear Nathan stumbling in and I feel his presence next to me, knelt down beside the sofa. I can almost feel his smile before his lips meet my forehead. "I love you, Vanessa Green" He whispers. This is the Nathan I miss, the Nathan I love.

But I've cheated on him, slept with someone else. Now I'm the bad person in this relationship and it feels terrible. I hear his footsteps as he heads upstairs. Keeping my eyes tightly closed, a tear slips down my face. What have I done?

The next day I wake up feeling my head in someone's lap. I open my eyes to see Nathan smiling down at me, stroking my hair. I then realise everybody else is in the room. Including Ariana and her crew. "Wha- What's going on?" I go to sit up but a horrible pain shoots through my head and Nathan guides me to lie back down.

"You've been asleep for ages. I didn't have the heart to move you last night so when everybody came, I just told them to be quiet" He explains.

My mouth forms an 'O' shape.

"Oh Nathan, we're gonna be late" Ariana stands up grabbing her bag. "Oh yeah. Of course" Nathan stands up and I save my sorehead, sitting up against the pillows. "Where are you going?" I question. "Oh Ariana's taking me on a tour of LA" He grins in response and I hide my frown. "See you guys later!" Nathan waves before leaving with Ariana and her crew.

I sigh rubbing my head. I grab my phone seeing one new message. I open it and butterflies surround my stomach.

I put my number into your phone whilst you were asleep. Hope you don't mind, what you up to today? - L xx