BONUS CHAPTER Part III

CLARITY 

"Don't you get it, Vincent? It's not like I don't want a child, it's because I can't!" 

He just stood there. Like the stupid guy he is. I have told him a thousand times but he still insists that he wants to have a child with me. He says he doesn't want to be locked up in a marriage but he just wants a child. I'm practically barren but he still doesn't believe me. 

"Come on, Clary. We both know that it's just your stupid belief that we should get married before having a child. You're already thirty-seven years old! Are you still going to wait until you are in your menopausal age?" I took a deep breath. Isa na lang talaga tatadyakan ko na ang ungas na 'to.

"It's not just that, you dumb ass. I really can't. I've told you before! I've had an accident eight years ago that's why I needed to have a surgery to remove my uterus." It hurts me so much to admit that before. Pero ngayon, tanggap ko na na may mga tao talagang hindi mabibiyayaan ng anak. At isa ako sa kanila.

 "Why do I think that that's just an excuse? We've been together for three years, Clarity. I can't understand why you are still so hesitant to tell me the truth! Are you still in love with that dead guy? He has been my competition ever since. Don't you dare make anymore excuses, Clarity! We both know that-" I slapped him. Hard. Para magising siya sa katotohanang kung may kakayahan nga akong manganak, hinding-hindi ko siya pipiliin bilang ama.

"You don't have the right to talk about him! You will never be half as great as he is! All these years I've been trying to make this stupid relationship work because that is your mom's dying wish. But now, I don't want to continue this bullshit. I don't care if you think I'm a bitch, or a slut, or whatever you call me behind my back! I'm done with this shit!"

 I threw him the engagement ring he gave me two months ago for our third year anniversary.

 "Fine! I would rather break up with you! Your assistant is much sexier anyway. She's been flirting with me all this tine. I was a fool to stay with you!" 

What? Does he think I'm that naive to not know?

I looked back and smiled at him mockingly, "I know. I am too. I was a fool to let a lying skank be my assistant and a cheating boyfriend to stay with me. You could fuck her all you want. I'm sure she won't mind a CEO of a real estate company be her baby daddy. Go ahead." 

 I softly closed the door to not attract any more attention. His secretary was looking at me apologetically. I just smiled back. 

When I entered the elevator, I dialed my manager's number, "George? Please finalize Jennifer's resignation." 

He gasped, "So you've finally got him out of it, then. My goodness! That slut really doesn't have any taste, does she?" 

"Yes, I agree." I smiled through my reflection. Looks like my spa treatment yesterday was all for nothing. 

"I don't have any good taste in men, either." I joked.

"No!" he replied, finally realizing what he said. "You don't count. I-I'm sorry! That wasn't what I meant!" 

He sounded as horrified as I envision him right now.

"I know, love." I shook my head. Thank god I have George as my best friend. I would have probably gone crazy if he wasn't around.

"Now, what do you say about showing this video to his father? I'm sure his younger brother has coveted his position for a long time." 

He giggled, "Oh, I am sure that will serve him justice."