31: This Mumu dinner

Dedicated to @rafy_razaq

The common growth of mother earth suffices me, -Her mirth, her tears, her humblest mirth and tears.
-William Wordsworth.

"Pull out and park this car" Musa told the driver.

Malam Hadi did as he is told and very soon, the entire line up was pulling over. Everyone is wondering what was going on. But when Rashidah saw Musa's text, she told everyone that it's fine. That Ayeeshah is feeling dizzy and she needed a few moments.

On the other hand, Musa said "m. Hadi, step out for a moment please" Malam Hadi went out and closed the door. Musa placed the lock and then turned to the weeping Ayeeshah.

"Stop crying or we will just cancel dinner" he warned.

Ayeeshah glared at him. "If you are looking for an excuse to leave, just say so!" She snapped angrily.

Musa was trying to look intimidating so Ayeeshah becomes angry and stopped crying to show him that she wasn't that pitiful but the way she said it made him smile without thinking and he face palmed himself in regret.

Ayeeshah frowned. "Don't you think there is a reason I didn't stop crying?" She asked him, hoping he would remember to comfort her.

Musa is amazed she can ask him that.

"Yes I know" he laughed.

How could he not know? The first one minute was true at least. The next second minute sounded forced. But when she wailed in the third minute, he knew she was trying to be very obvious! He would be a real blockhead not to have noticed why she refused to cease the tears. She wanted to be placated. She wants him to comfort her so she can actually stop crying!

He drew her close and gave her a long hug. He inhaled her scent and closed his eyes to revel the feeling of it.

"You are quite an attention seeker Mrs MA" he let her go.

Ayeeshah smiled. "Yes I am. Remember that so I don't have to spell it out to you all the time okay?" She told him authoritatively. Then she too sighed "I was afraid you will not understand" she whispered.

"Don Allah didn't you feel shy?" He teased her.

Ayeeshah blushed. "You are the one who hugged me. Didn't you feel shy?" She replied with a sassy twist of her mouth which is the famous 'murguda baki' she had learnt quite early since waking up.

Musa smirked. "Of course not" he stated without shame. Then lowly, he said "When we get back from this mumu dinner, don't be stingy with your affections okay?"

Ayeeshah dropped her head so he doesn't see her red face. Kai Musa, you are the one talking about shame! She regarded inwardly.

"Ehm..someone is knocking on your window" she told him to redirect his attention elsewhere.

"I heard them" he shrugged. "Promise me you would not cry anymore. You have been looking forward to this. Don't ruin it unnecessarily okay?" He asked gently.

Ayeeshah nodded with a smile. "Thanks dear" she whispered.

Only a five minutes drive took them to the venue afterward. When they were about to leave the car, Ayeeshah said "wait please"