Chapter Eight: Smirks, Timers and High Powered Pogo Sticks

They had 10 hours left.

Booth was nervously watching the clock nervously, flinching every time it dropped an hour. He was pacing nervously as the team worked to find out where Hannah and been taken. Philips was nowhere to be seen and Aubrey was sat on the couch in Brennan's office, staring at a piece of paper that had a number on it.

Booth thought over what information they did have as he stared at the back of Aubreys head and frowned. It wasn't much but it was something.

From what Hodgins had been able to tell from the remnants left behind from the shoes the Grave Digger had been wearing, Hannah was on a construction site of some sort. One that was preparing for demolition, which narrowed down their options to a whopping 200 sites across DC.

Angela had an algorithm running on her computer, narrowing down those buildings by cutting out time it had taken for the Grave Digger to get Hannah and then drop her off at allocated location. She had already found the car that COULD be the Grave Diggers but she wasn't sure.

Brennan was working like a machine. Alongside Philips, they had surveyed the damage to the bathroom, and although it was minimal, there were evident signs of a struggle. Blood samples on the flood had been confirmed as Hannah's, which had made both Aubrey and Booth nervous. That's what had started the pacing.

The quiet was starting to get to Booth. He felt useless. If there was ever a time where he wanted to be of use, it was now.
With a gruff sigh, he unbuttoned his jacket and walked into Brennan's office and sat down on the couch beside Aubrey. The younger man didn't even move when the couch dipped. He just continued to stare at the number,  which Booth could now see was a phone number, and smoothed out the crease at the corner of it.

"Anything?" Aubrey asked after a couple of minutes. Booth sighed and straightened his tie.

"Nothing. Ange keeps trolling the cameras but she hasn't said anything. Bones hasn't said anything except to Hodgins and Sweets is on his way in. He knows about the Grave Digger already so he's in on the case." He ran his hands over his eyes.

"She can't die, Agent Booth." Booth looked at Aubrey. "She... Hannah can't die. If she dies, then I'm a dead man." Booth leaned forward.

"What the hell does that mean?"
"Have you met Heather Nardini?" Booth raised an eyebrow and shook his head. Aubrey handed him the note with the number on it.

"Hannah's grandparents moved to Utah and this is their landline number. Heather and Richard Nardini told me that if anything were to happen to Hannah, I was to call them on this number and tell them." Booth looked over the numbers, the writing burning into his memory.

"This is an old military number." Aubrey nodded.

"The Nardini has a rich Military family history. As does the Price family."
"Hannah never talks about her family." Aubrey gave a small smile.

"You're lucky then. You don't know the hell she's been through." Booth sat back in his seat and scanned Aubreys stony gaze with one of his own.

"You love Hannah,  don't you?" Aubrey seemed to choke on his air.

"Love Hannah? If you mean in the sibling sense, yes I do. She's been the little sister I never had. She's done more for me than anyone." Booth squinted and then sighed, looking up at the ceiling. "Why, scared about some feelings?" Booth snapped his head at him.