Chapter Thirteen: Avocado on Toast

Chapter Fourteen: Avocado on Toast

The next two weeks passed and Hannah and Booth kept everything as professional as they possibly could, but there were times that it was unavoidable for contact. It was all very cliche occasionally. A glance, an accidental hand graze (Hannah felt like she was in a silly novel with those moments). She had returned to work and they had barely made eye contact. Booth had tried to broach the subject but Hannah had deflected and turned to her work.

They had managed to slim down the amount of suspects that they had. Gus was at the top of that list and it was the main reason for why Hannah had tried to avoid talking to Booth about the kiss.

"I need to talk to Gus." Hannah said unhappily. "I have an idea that may give Gus a motive." Booth, who was sat across from her looked up, a mild look of shock across his face.

"But... That..."
"I know." Hannah looked down and groaned as she moved her laptop and rubbed her eyes.

"What ever you need to, I'm there, okay?" Hannah met his eye and flushed.

"Thank you." He leaned over the arm of his chair and reached for her hand, Hannah squeezing his hand back. Sweets chose that moment to walk in, causing Hannah and Booth to pull their hands apart and move to opposing sides of their arm chairs. Sweets was blissfully unaware but when he looked up, he frowned.

"Ya'll alright?"
"Yeah, we're."
"Peachy. A Okay." Hannah added, blinking. Sweets looked between the two of them but before he could say anything Booth stood up.

"We need to get in contact with Gus Price. Hannah has had an epiphany and we need to help her out with it." He turned Sweets around and started pushing him out.

"We'll arrange it, you just... Just get your game plan together." Hannah nodded and watched them leave.  Sweets said something that caused Booth to grab the file he was reading and used it to hit him upside the head.

Hannah lifted her mug to her lips and looked over at Gus, who was staring at her from  the otherside of the table. Booth was sitting a few tables away with Sweets, both with an ear piece from the headphones in and Booth phone on the table, listening to whatever Gus and Hannah were saying.

"How long did you know Harry Reid?"
"8 years. We met at work in New York when I started working at the Times. We were partnered up. He wrote, I photographed."
"And when did you both decide to move to D.C together?"
"We were both offered a job at a small independent paper as a tag team so... four years ago."
"Ask if he knew about Reid and the presidents daughter." Booths voice rang in her ear. She jumped at his voice and then relaxed, eyes flitting over to where he and Sweets were sat an annoyed glare returning back to Gus.

"Did you know that Reid was involved with the presidents daughter?"
"Yeah. They were dating for three years. They met at a press conference we were working. Is this really necessary? I told that Agent boyfriend of yours everything I know." Both Booth and Hannah choked on their drinks. Sweets patted Booth on the back, a light frown on his face as he looked between the two agents. "Are you alright?"
"First things first, this is entirely necessary because YOU are known to tell one person one  thing and another something else. Secondly, he's not my boyfriend." Gus leaned back in his seat, eyebrow raised.

"Right. Sure. He looks at you like you're a million bucks." He turned around and waved at the two agents sitting a couple of tables back. Sweets smiled semi nervously and Booth looked at Gus and then Hannah. With a sharp huff, Hannah took out her earpiece and threw it over the heads over of other diners, Booth only just managing to catch the small device. He dropped it onto a napkin and pulled out his headphone.