Chapter XVII

I spent the whole day Literally following my dear master everywhere, my eyes never leaving him unless I had to get a task done. I was quite enjoying myself but it felt dangerous. I was laying on my bed thinking back to every little movement Aouss made, to how he rolled up his sleeves when he was discussing serious matters with Khaled, how his eyes flicked towards me for a mere second just to check I was still there, the very familiar sight of his back when I stood behind him during the family's dinner, how his eyes darken ever so little when he's stressed... I stood up from the bed and decided to take a shower and cool my head. Probably see if my mind can think of anything else but Aouss. I was becoming obsessed with this vampire lord...

.

.

.

My eyes snapped open. Looking around wondering what woke me up from my deep comfortable sleep, my eyes slid towards a corner of the room. Even though I couldn't see anything, I felt eyes on me coming from that place.

"Who's there?"

"Interestiiing!" An unknown woman stepped out from the darkness to where the moon light lit up a part of the room.

"Very interesting! It's a loss for an interesting human like you to remain here as a maid, don't you think?"

"Who are you? What are you here for?" The young woman never stopped walking towards me. I crawled back on the bed my eyes never leaving her.

"Don't be scared I won't eat you. Humans like you are too interesting to waste like that"

Standing in front of the bed, her face was barely visible but her eyes shone with a mischievous gleam. My whole being trembled at the sight of it. This can't be anything good, and this vampire is too scary.

"Have a good night sleep bella see you in the morning"

She kissed the tip of her fingers and blew it towards me. I watched her hips dance as she walked away leaving my room. I was holding my breath for a whole minute after she left. Letting out a long sigh, there was no way I could go back to sleep after that.

..

Walking to Aouss's room, my eyes were half closed from lack of sleep. I cussed that weird woman in my head the whole way. It's all her fault *yawn* how can I possibly get any work done like this. The daily sleep time we maids get is already not enough.

Khaled opened the door for me as usual "The master is with a guest... just to let you know"

Ugh great another... whatever he may as well enjoy himself and let me go back to sleep.

"Ill start fixing the room now" I announced not sparing Aouss a look.

As if my mood could get any worse, I heard a very annoying voice from the further back of the room.

"Morning interesting human"

'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAh' I mentally screamed. Seriously what is happening

"I was just talking to Aouss about letting me have you but he won't agree. How annoying... Standing in the way of my love"

Doing her vampire thingy, she jumped behind me and to my surprise put her arms around me embracing me. All sleep left my body as I felt her boobs pressing on my back. I was a girl too but this kind of sudden skinship made my cheeks flush a little.

As soon as that happened the woman started giggling

"You hear that? You can't tell me it's not mutual"

Her arms around me got even tighter as her face rested on the crook of my neck. My body was stiff. Huh?

"Soraya quit that!" Aouss's voice was one loud shout that made even the birds chirping outside go quiet.

The woman instantly backed away.

"Whatever" Just as I thought I was saved for the day from how gloomy her voice sounded, she grabbed my face and planted a quick kiss on my lips before running for the door "See you tonight!"

I unconsciously wiped my lips. What a weird woman...

Just when I was about to get back to work, I noticed Aouss staring at me, his expression was off.

"Erm... Do you need anything?" I said when he kept staring at me for too long without talking.

His eyes slid down and he slightly gulped.

'So that's how it is' I internally laughed.

I licked my lips teasingly but to my surprise that seemed to have snapped him out of his daze as he very unnaturally turned his body to face the other side and just stood there.

Ignoring him I started tidying the bed.

"That woman..."

"Excuse me?" stopping my work I stayed still waiting for him to finish his sentence.

"That woman... stay away from her. If she comes find you when I'm not around go find the guards"

"That woman who?" I used this chance to ask for her identity. As far as I know she is not part of the fiancés.

"That..." He gazed into my eyes for a minute as if searching for something, he soon gave up continuing "She's an old friend, a very unpredictable one"

"So even someone like you can have friends huh" whispering this I went back to collecting the bed sheets.

"And what do you mean by that"

"Nothing my bad I shouldn't act as if I know you cuz I don't"

After a moment of silence, I heard his voice again.

"Right you don't" I was startled by how sad his voice sounded. I turned back but he was already gone and I was yet again left with even more confusion.

I'm not just imagining things something is definitely off here.

What are you hiding from me?