Another Kind of Warrior

"You know what I've been thinking?" Maggie asked absentmindedly. I glanced up at her.

The army was moving towards King Galbatorix's castle steadily, even with periodic attacks from his own army. I was starting to greatly dislike certain powers that I'd gotten from bonding with Anareem, but I disliked the Laughing Dead even more so I used what I could and practiced what I didn't have control of yet.

"If we're trying to get home, we might need to tell Eragon where we're really from." She continued, not looking up from piece of parchment that she was folding into some little three-dimensioned object.

"Maggie, are you nuts? They might kill us!"

"Or they might help!" She looked up, shaking her head. "We've been on their side for this war, and if we make it clear we aren't changing that, they might be able to help."

I glanced over at Natasa, who was diligently sharpening one of her knives.

"I don't know, Mags." I finally sighed. "When Roran found out I was a Dragon Rider and hadn't told him he got pretty heated."

"That's different, he might have thought you were on Galbatorix's side." Maggie shook her head.

"His exact words were 'why didn't you tell me' when he found out. He never asked whose side I was on, he never questioned my loyalty, he was upset that I didn't tell him right off the bat."

"Oh..." She chewed her lip, looking down at her small parchment creation again.

"What are you making with that anyway?" I asked curiously, trying to see it clearly.

Maggie smiled and held up a tiny origami fish. "It was always one of my favorites to make."

"Wow, that's really pretty." I shook my head, smiling as well. "You're good at that."

"I've been practicing since I was ten." Maggie tucked the little fish into one of her bags. "You're avoiding the conversation. We should tell at least someone. That way when it inevitably slips out in front of others we'll have another person to back us up."

I paused. "That's... fair actually. But we have to figure out who to tell."

"Eragon." The brunette suggested immediately.

"Yes, lets tell one of the few people in the entire army who could match my skills. That won't go horribly wrong if he's upset about it."

"The sarcasm is unneeded, kid."

I huffed and rolled my eyes. "Really, Maggie, I don't think telling people is a good idea."

"Well I think it is, so pick someone. Or I will and I'll tell them and I don't care what you say about it." Maggie crossed her arms, staring me down.

"Maggie!"

"What are you crying about?" Natasa looked up.

I groaned and ran a hand through my hair. "Maggie wants to tell someone the truth about where we came from."

"Is she ill? In the mind?"

"See? Natasa agrees with me." I pointed out to Maggie.

"I don't see because I can't understand her, but if you say so." She shrugged, arms still crossed. "Percy, we should really tell someone. It will work out for us."

"I really don't think it will- Angela."

Maggie raised her eyebrows. "What?"

"Angela." I sighed. "If you're going to be insistent about it, I want to tell Angela."

"The healer?"

"She's way more than a healer- well she's really not a healer. She's an herbalist, it's not the same thing. And she's even more adept at magic than Arya is. The woman is absolutely terrifying, but I truly think if we told her... she'd hear us out."

"Why do you think that?" Maggie asked curiously.

"Well for starters she's got that strange boy with her-"

"The werecat?"

"Yeah. She's a strange one, and I think Solembum knows it, that's why he hangs around her so much. He says he finds her amusing."

"Angela is not a normal person." Maggie sighed. "That still doesn't explain why you'd want to tell her."

"I don't think she's human."

"What makes you think that?"

I glanced at the entrance to our tent and leaned in.

"I've heard a lot of stories about there being gods in this world, Maggie, and something about Angela is entirely not human."

Her eyes widened. "You don't think-"

I nodded.

"But- we have no proof-"

"I'd say her magical abilities are more than proof." I glanced at Riptide. "I was talking to her the other day and she said something about my sword that made me think... and have you ever seen her armor?"

Maggie shook her head.

"It's very... Earthly." I grinned. "I'm confident enough in this, Mags, trust me. Angela is a demigod."