Chapter 4: Sweet like sugar

The yautja pushed you along. The wheels of your chair stuttering as you crossed over the entry ways rug.

You at first didn't know where he was taking you. A brief moment of fear sparked in you as he swung past the door and stopped at the landing to the stairs.

"Going up?" He said his voice soft and honey like as he held his hand out to you.

You looked at him confused though you held out your hand hesitantly. His much larger hand took yours as his other scooped under you picking you up and holding you in one of his arms.

Wrapping your arms around his neck. You held him tightly afraid you would be dropped as he carried you up the stairs abandoning your wheelchair at the bottom of the stairs.

"What? Its not like you can go anywhere with it up here anyways."

While you hated to admit it, he had a point.

Walking into the master bedroom you see things have been moved around. Frost had clearly been up here most likely hiding out upstairs as no one had any reason to venture up here.

Setting you down on the bed Frost was mindful of your injury as he helped you scoot backwards so you could sit comfortably.

Frost soon joined you on the bed after opening the curtains. You peered past him in wonder at the dazzling sun shining in. The warm orange hue lit up the aliens features as he turned back to face you. His miss-match eyes seeming to pierce through your own.

He returned to your side sitting on the bed next to you relaxing as he looked over the brace on your ankle almost saddened from the sight of it.

"I'm sure you have plenty of questions." He said looking at you out of the corner of his eye before turning to face you.

Nodding you hesitated a moment wanting to think of how to phrase things before you actually asked anything.

"Can I ask you anything?"

"Well obviously I can't provide all answers am not omnipotent. Though I will provide answers where I can." He teased smiling softly his mandibles tipped upward in his joyfulness.

You let a laugh escape your lips. You hardly knew him, though something made you feel like you had known him all your life.

You had never believed in anything along the lines of love at first sight. Though you could feel that whatever was between you both. It was something special. Something good and different.

Taking a breath, you looked to him and spoke.

"Why me?"

Despite his calm and cool demeanor Frost was caught off guard by this question as he stared back at you confused. Or more appropriately startled.

"Out of everyone why is it me that you. Well you know." You continued suddenly losing your confidence under his unyielding gaze those eyes of his were so intense you wilted under his gaze like a flower in the sun.

Frost waited a moment searching your face before his gaze softened.

"I can not tell you. Why does anyone like another being? You simply enticed me with your looks and ensnared me with your personality."

Red blossomed on your face as you couldn't help the smile curling your lips.

"I am not afraid to admit it in any way that I am in love with you. Though I know human customs are a bit more restricting of their emotions." Frost said as if it were nothing.

You hid your face in your hands feeling how hot your skin was from his words.

"Have I offended you?" Frost asked resting his hand on your shoulder looking worried.

"No, it's just. We just met and you're already confessing your love for me." You laughed nervously as you tried to calm yourself.

"Well, I have known of you far longer than you of me after all." Frost chuckled trying to lighten the mood

"Don't feel pressured in any way to say something if you don't want or that you ever need to lie to me. I can handle your honesty."

Sighing you smiled up at him hating how you could feel yourself becoming attached to him already.

"Can you do me a favor than?" You asked as he sat up nodding intently suddenly hyper focused on your words.

"Can you get me a drink I think I'm going to over heat from how flustered I am." Frost nodded trotting off as you laughed nervously.

Flopping back into the bed you grabbed a pillow and hugged it tightly against your chest.

You couldn't control the feelings bubbling inside of you. You never thought you were the hopeless romantic type though then again, these weren't ordinary circumstances.

Sighing into the pillow you lost yourself in your indecision not noticing Frost step back into the room. Or how he hid his hand behind his back as you took the glass from him.

It was icy cold just how you liked it. Taking a large sip, you noted it having an odd taste almost coppery in nature. Though you paid it no mind as Frost threatened to tap the bottom of the cup to make it go up your nose.