how's the coffe, Loki?

"Good morning," you whispered after waking up. Loki has gotten up way before you and sat on your bed beside you, browsing more albums full with pictures of you.

"Good morning." He said back. You went to the bathroom that was connected to your room, brushed your teeth and showered. You got out in new clean clothing and sat next to Loki.

"This is me, looking so happy after my parents got me a life sized cardboard of you," you pointed at the picture that he looked at. "This is me, looking so sad after my dog ate your legs."

You did that to every photo there. Told the story behind each one and he listened. That was your Christmas album, filled with photos of you opening up presents. Again, no photos from the last four years.

You and your boyfriend, Aiden, were together for one year. You didn't go to your parents' for that year, you spent it with him. After he died, you didn't exit your house for the first month. Your sister practically had to drag you out. You didn't talk to anyone. Your family was getting worried and got you a therapist. At that point, you discovered alcohol. You drank and drank until you couldn't anymore or passed out.

You didn't want to come for the holiday, to your relatives who all they did was judge you, and your family didn't force you. You spent your first Christmas alone. With your dog. Your sister came to you once in a while to make sure he's alive and well. She's the one who discovered your addiction, and helped you. Your second Christmas alone went by. You hated everything about it. Your sister took all your alcohol bottles from you so you could do nothing but cry all night and sleep all day.

The third year went well. You still hated Christmas and prefered to spent it alone. Your powers took a timeout too. You couldn't use them.

They came back the day you were invited to a meeting with Fury. You were so worried to go there, what did you do wrong? You entered the building with the card Fury mailed you. "Y/n, finally showing up. Take a seat and close the door." He said. You closed the door and sat across from him.

He talked about how special you are. You didn't know how he found put about you and you still don't know. He talked about that if they train you, physically and emotionally, you could be a great help for the team.

You agreed, what else can you lose?

x
x

The day went by fast. You ate breakfast, lunch but not dinner yet. It was 7 pm when your stomach started to yell for food. You got up from laying on the couch lazily and watching TV to the kitchen. You open the fridge door, seeing nothing to eat (you didn't feel like cooking) and go back to the couch. Loki sat on a chair next to the dining table and laughed at you.

"Do you happen to know any good restaurant around the city?" He asked you. "I happen to know a good cafe, just fifteen minutes from here." You replied. You got up, put some shoes and went out in your sweatpants. You offered him clothes from your dad's closet but they were too big for him so he grabbed a sweater from your closet that fit him just right, and you went on your way.

"Oh my god, stomach, shut up." You said quietly, looking down at your belly. You entered the place and Loki found a spot for you to sit. You asked him if he ever tasted coffee and he said no so you decided he'd try some.

You came back to sit next to him. "Our second date." You said. He looked down at his lap and smiled.

"Hey, you know when I introduced you to my parents I called you my boyfriend but if you don't feel like-" you said when he interrupted you, he looked back up until his eyes meet yours, "It's an honor to be your boyfriend." He said seriously. His British accent had you melting. You gaze into his eyes until he got up. Your order was all done and he brought it to your table. You ate up your brownie and he ate the croissant you bought.

"How's the coffee?"

"I would rather tea but this is completely fine."

You continued talking. You asked what he thinks of your parents and he said they look like lovely people. You laughed in your head, their true form will show around the relatives that'll come in a few days. Your sister will come tomorrow with her husband  and children. You usually don't like children but hers are little angels. You were excited for tomorrow.

You put your thoughts into words, "my sister will come tomorrow, with her husband and kids. Don't misbehave." You told him.

Once you two finished eating you got up and he did as well. You left the cafe. He held your hand and you squeezed it. "This date was wonderful." You said.