CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Rosetta's POV

"I wish I could stop, I really do, but that dress is doing things to me. Things that I want, no; need to share with you." He explained as if he were talking about something as normal as a Monday morning and came close enough to grip my arms.

I shuddered against his hold. My muscles froze when I felt his breath against my exposed neck and I nearly gagged when his wet tongue slid along my collar bone.

•••

My stomach churned with acid as the car pulled up in the godfather's compound. I was lucky enough to be invited by the godfather's wife herself and not to show up would be a great offense. That was why my father let me go in the first place, no questions asked.

When the invitation letter arrived shortly after our little spat, I wasted no time hurrying out of the house, eager to get away from him but now that I had arrived, all I wanted to do was shrivel up and disappear before I laid my eyes on Gianni.

I got out of the car without the help of my driver, my mind lost in it's own world. I felt like the worst person in the world for planning such a thing for Gianni but my circumstances weren't going to get any better if I just laid back and relaxed. I was caught between a rock and a hard place with almost no way out. There was only one and if not staying put meant no body bag, or asylum, then I was taking it.

"Oof!" I bumped into the very person haunting my thoughts, my skin vibrating with pent up energy when I felt his hands on my shoulders, steadying me.

"Are you okay?" He asked, raising a brow in question.

I hadn't even realized how far I had walked until I looked back to see my ride a fair distance away from me.

"I am. Thank you, Senor Favaloro," I smiled at him, assuming formalities when I noticed his sister approaching us.

"It's Gianni for you my sweet Rose," he purred shamelessly, raking his eyes over my body and my cheeks turned a shade darker than they already were.

"Gianni! Your sister's here!" I hissed at him, trying to push him away but he pulled me even closer.

"I'll kiss you right here, right now, in front of her if you don't stop acting like you haven't let me taste you." He threatened with a sly smirk on his face and I stilled, relaxing into his hold.

I found myself caught his stare, my eyes unable to move from his line of sight. They churned with the promise of what he was capable of and more. My nipples hardened against his chest and I parted my mouth slightly to blow out a breath.

The devilish grin that began to grow on his face gave away the fact that he knew exactly what was running through my mind and I scowled at him in annoyance. He leaned down and I held my breath, closing my eyes as I waited for his lips against mine. Instead, his teeth lightly nipped the tip of my nose, sending a sharp mild pain which quickly disappeared.

"Gianni!" I yelled at him and he began to laugh.

My eyes widened in surprise, the sound of his laughter caressing my ears. I had never heard him laugh before. His chest rumbled and shook against mine. The corners of his eyes crinkled with mirth and I found myself smiling at the sight of him. His infectious laugh quickly caught on to me and soon enough I turned into a heaving fool, laughing without a care in the world.

"Wonderful! I think those will be the best pictures of the day, don't you think so Amelia?" The godfather's wife announced and I quickly jumped out of Gianni's hold.

"Mrs Alfredo," I meekly greeted her and she brushed me off, "stop with those formalities. Gianni, bring her here, I need you guys to see this!" She announced and Gianni didn't hesitate to hold my hand in his.

We squeezed beside each other, the proximity of his body warming me up in places that never saw the sun. I found it hard to concentrate on the beautiful pictures with his breath tickling my neck. His scent invaded my senses, rendering them useless and when he coyly placed his hand on my hip, I could've sworn my brain grew non-existent for a nano-second.

"Are you okay Rosetta?" Amelia asked, furrowing her eyebrows in concern.

Nikita had also torn her eyes away from the camera, a hand on her protruding belly as she looked to me for answers. I nodded, blushing at all the attention I was getting, unsure of what to say.

"I really am fine," I assured them but they still looked suspiciously at me.

"I asked you a question three times chica, I think maybe the sun fried something in there," Amelia joked, taking the edge off and I quietly chuckled, "yes, maybe it's best that we head inside."

I took the chance to escape and turned toward Gianni, "I would like it if you accompanied me." I shyly offered, hoping for a yes and he gave me just that, "I'd love that," he offered me his arm and I gladly took it.

The walk to the mansion felt like it took eons when in reality, it just took minutes. We walked past bustling servants and when we reached a secluded area, the tension between us rippled through the air. My need for him was intensified and I stopped, pulling his hand.

"Is something wrong?" He asked, his voice an octave lower.

"Kiss me," I demanded and he raised a brow.

Suddenly, I felt stupid for taking such a bold step but before I could brush it off, he had me pinned to the wall, arms above my head.

"Say please," his voice rumbled, sending delicious shivers through me and that sparked something else altogether inside of me.

I wanted this man, whether it was genuine or just lust, I would never know. All I knew was that at that moment, I wanted him with a raw, unadulterated hunger and I was going to have him one way, or the other.