Chapter 1

God I can't get him out of my head. The innocent way he looked up at me when shaking my hand, the cold hard but loving expression, everything about him was perfect down to his blood type. Gerard.

A pretty name to match a pretty boy. Oh god, I'm falling to hard for a kid I just met, but I feel this connection between us. I know, I know that sounds cliche. But-

"Mr. Iero!" Mr. Smith snaps in my face.

"Yes, sir." I stutter out, snapping back into reality.

"Glad to see you've joined us. I would really appreciate it if you payed attention in my classroom." He struts back to the board. I sigh and at least try to pay attention. "Good, now that we have that sorted, turn to page-"

Knock knock

He opens the door, with a confused expression. Everyone showed up to class today. "Oh hello! I remember I got this email this morning!" He says and guides two boys into the class. It was two of the transfer kids, actually the ones who noticed me first this morning. The shorter one was cute to say the least. He was short, his hair was clearly bleached blonde with a black beanie loosely placed on his head, an oversized hoodie hangs loosely on his small frame with black skinny jeans tightly framing his legs. The other one, would have made 8th grade me swoon of how gorgeous he was. He was fucking ripped, and a whole arm covered in tattoos. He wore skin tight black clothes and his hair was also clearly bleached blonde and spiky. Too say the least they were both lookers.

"Welcome to our senior literature class! Would you like to introduce yourselves?" The teacher politely asks, hopeful eyes glimmering at them. He always loved new people.

"Pete." The tall one spoke first, he was obviously confident from the way he spoke.

"Patrick." The smaller one whispered, shy I bet.  Mr. Smith nodded happily.

"Very good! Now you two can sit in the back there. The two empty seats." He encourages. The two nod, and Pete struts back with Patrick following meekly behind. A kid, Bob if I remember correctly, casually trips Patrick as he walks by. Patrick sure doesn't take it lightly, he whips around, eyes glimmering red, and fists clenched. Pete grips his shoulder, and leads him to the back of the room, but not before slapping Bob on the back of his head.

Weird kids.

Mr. Smith watched the scene curiously but not actually saying anything. "Ok...well then on to the lesson. Once upon a time, overused right?" And that's where I checked out.

I peered over my shoulder back at the new kids, Patrick was drawing all over his arm out of complete boredom. From what I've seen, he's a damn good artist. Pete, on the other hand, had his arm slung over Patrick's shoulders watching the boy intently. Occasionally he would point out little things Patrick was drawing, making Patrick smile up at him. It was cute. At one point, I noticed how I was staring was making them uncomfortable. How do I know? Because Patrick once looked up at the board, and in turn caught my eye for the second time. He seemed to tense up and put his pen down. Pete looked at him confused before scanning the room. He also caught me, and in hindsight I probably should have stopped staring at that point, but when his eyes met mine he gave off the most intimidating glare I've ever seen. That's when I decided to turn to face the board.

"Mr. Iero! This is the second time I've caught you not paying attention. And staring no less. Once more and I send you out." He sighs. "This is the first day of school. Get your act together." I nod. Come on frank pay attention. There just kids, there not as scary as you're making them out to be.

I turn to face the kids again to see that had started to draw again but this time with Pete adding little doodles every now and then.

"IERO. HALL NOW!" Mr. Smith shouts. I nod and swiftly leave the class, ignoring the constant stares. I exhale deeply and lean against the lockers once I'm far enough down the hall.

"You like to stare don't you." A small voice emerges. I snap my head to the side to see Patrick standing right next to me.

"Umm. No- I- uh. Sorry, I just think you're good at drawing and I got caught up watching your artistic abilities. Ugh wait- I'm sorry this is awkward." I answer, sighing.

"Haha, no you're fine. Uh thanks I guess? Gerard taught me how to draw so if you wanna see some real good shit you're gonna have to get on his good side." He chuckles. Gerard.

"I'll keep that in mind. What are doing out here anyways?" I smile.

"Oh, Mr. Smith sent me to go wash off my arm. Said something about some ink poisoning or some bullshit I don't know." He looks down at his arm, before scowling. "Too bad I used permanent marker." I laugh at him.

"Well that'll come off in a couple days after a lot of washing-"

"Patrick." Pete calls from the other end of the hall.

"Yeah babe." Patrick responds turning around. Pete jogs down the hall to where we are. He smiles at Patrick.

"It seems that you, mister, have not washed off your arm yet. Making friends are you?" Pete teases. Patrick rolled his eyes but smirks.

"Trying. Alright I'll go to the bathroom now." Patrick leans up to kiss Pete real quick, before turning to me.

"Alright well it was nice to meet you, Iero." Patrick says, saluting before walking away.

"Actually it's, Frank." I call after him, but realizing he was too far and couldn't hear me so getting quiet at the end.

"Alright, Listen up." Pete speaks, in his overly confident manner, slamming his hand right next to my head onto the locker making a loud crash. "Patrick might not be able to see it but I can, I know what your up too and I'm not letting it happen again. You stay away from him, me, and the rest of us. Understand?"

Suddenly losing all confidence, I nod meekly.

"Good." He grumbles And follows Patrick.

"Frankie boy!" Boy I cannot catch a break.

"Hey Mikes." I respond. He comes barraling into me, sending us both to the ground giggling like idiots.

"Jesus, Mikey. I swear to god to you're gonna kill all your friends." Gerard shows up, hiding an obvious smile. I push Mikey of me and quickly stammered up, blushing deeply.

"Gerard." I mutter, staring at him in such awe.

"Hey, looker, you're staring." He snaps.

"You'd be surprised by how many times I've been told that today." I joke, trying to lighten the mood. He lets out a small laugh.

"Yeah you look like a pervert, probably even staring at all the plastic chicks around here." He sasses, jokingly considering his smile.

"I'm gay." I smirk.

"Good." He responds, whispering to Mikey and then walking away.

"Good? what does that mean?" I ask Mikey, silently hoping it means love at first sight on both ends.

"It could mean two things." He starts. "One that he is excited that there is other out gay kids at school. He's always anxious about that at a new school. Or he could like you. I mean I don't know anyone who can make him smile like that out of the group."

My head snapped up. He's gay!?

Wait

More importantly, he may like me?!