Hero Training Gone Terribly Wrong

"Ah! Young Bakugo! Care to explain why you're late?" All Might spoke. He managed to transform into his strong form, before deflating again.

"I—" I glanced over at Kirishima, a concerned look plastered on his face. My chest tightened.

Dont think about him

Don't think about him.

Just don't.

"I wasn't feeling very well. I'm fine now." I mutter.

Satisfied with the answer, he continued the class.

"Today, it will be a small match between you. It will be a match of one v one, and the two that make it to the top fight against each other, similarly to the structure of that in the Sports Festival. Now, here are the pairs."

He briefly explained, while motioning at a screen. I scanned over until I found my name. I was against,

Grape Face.

I glanced over at the small dip shit and it looked like he just wet his pants. He looked scared out of his wits, not gonna lie.

"First off:

Uraraka versus Hagakure!"

I sort of zoned out at the battles. They were pretty boring anyways.

I focused my attention to the red-head.

There he was, a small pout on his cute face, his puppy-like eyes focused on the match, arms folded, making his muscles stand out even more. Just looking perfect. As always.

His head turned towards my direction. Red met red, our eyes locked on each other. Time stopped as I looked into those pools of endless crimson, his eye colour matching the colour of the flowers completely. He flashed me a smile, a small coat of pink dusting his sun-kissed cheeks.

"I'm your friend"

And that's all he ever was gonna be.

Nothing more.

Just.

Friends.

My heart strained again. My lungs felt tight.

Not again. Please not again.

"Bakugo versus Mineta!"

It brought me out of my trance. My lungs felt like they were being constricted. The back of my throat tickled as the sweet scent of those shitty roses overfilled my senses, making me want to gag.

I could feel them.

Feel them rise up at the back of my throat.

I pushed them down.

Not now.

Not now.

I was standing in my stance, managing not to collapse. My knees were shaking. My lungs throbbed. My head was fuzzy. My vision blurry. The world around me spinning.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING BAKUGOU?! THE FIGHT'S STARTED!!" Kirishima's voice screamed out, bringing me back to consciousness.

I tried to lift my leg up, going straight for that fucker.

Except I couldn't.

I looked down, purple balls sticking to my feet, preventing me from moving. I looked up, getting a weak punch to the face. It was weak, but I was weak.

I was getting beaten up by possibly the weakest guy in class.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! QUIT MESSING AROUND!" Kirishima's voice boomed out once more. I looked over, locking eyes with his determined and confused ones.

Just.

Friends.

The tickling sensation soon turned to itching. To scratching.

I let a cough escape my lips.

Not now.

I tried to move, not to win, but to bolt to the bathroom.

Those fucking balls didn't let me move.

A hand clutches over my face, I tried to hide the petals as best as I could.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. NOT NOW.

My chest throbbed as I started to violently cough again. I could hear the whispers of he rest of the class fill my ears. Only for a short period of time.

My ears stared ringing. My chest wrecked. My throat in pieces.

On my knees, trying to gasp out for air. I had completely given up on covering my mouth. There were too many. Hacking at my lungs, coughing up petals. Vomiting blood. Gaging. Wheezing. Desperate for air.

I couldn't get any.

No oxygen. My vision blurry. My head dizzy as fuck. My respiratory system a complete wreck. Desperate.

Shit.

Fuck.

I couldn't breathe.

Clawing at the floor, clutching my throat, tears streaming at my face. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't breathe. No oxygen, consciousness slowly loosing me.

Just.

Friends.

Shit.

Shit.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

I was going to die, wasn't I? I was gonna fucking die.

Before I knew it, a strong force pushed me to lie on my back, a pair of fingers pinching my nose and holding my chin up, lips locked on mine, and a rush of air clearing a pathway for me to breathe again.

I could breathe.

Finally.

I hunched over, gasping. Wheezing. Panting. Coughing once more, and what might as well have been an entire fucking bouquet of roses escaped my lips.

Multiple flowers swimming in the crimson red liquid. The metallic taste, still present in my mouth, I lay down on my back, enjoying the relieving feeling of oxygen flowing in my lungs.

"What. What was tha—"

"Hanahaki." I croaked out.

I looked into those red eyes that I knew too well. Knew too well who they belonged to. Knowing too well who saved me. Knowing too well I had to give an answer before I passed out of exhaustion.

"I have Hanahaki disease." I finished, before closing my eyes and letting the darkness consume me.