Chapter 11

To be perfectly honest, I never expected a single moment of these things to happen. It's about a month after rescuing Remus and the death of Albus Dumbledore, and I can still remember the feel of Remus' blood covering me as I held him close in a desperate panic. By the time we had gotten to the safe house I had tears falling down my cheeks, and Lucius had called for his family's personal Healer to look at Remus. The only thought I could really process had been; 'Remus, Remus, Don't die, don't leave me here like this.' I hadn't moved from my spot until the Healer said Remus would be okay, then I had to go and clean myself up. The blood was starting to dry on me.

Marvolo had shown up a few hours later, smiling. Dumbledore had, as expected, shown up at the Manor Marvolo is living in, once he got word of the random attacks the Death Eaters were doing. Dumbledore had walked into a trap. The Headmaster tried casting an overpowered Bombarda but it came into contact with Marvolo's shield and bounced back. Dumbledore barely managed to get out of the way in time. Marvolo quickly cast a Crucio in response, not letting up for about three minutes. When Dumbledore didn't get back up after that, Marvolo used Avada Kedavra and had a House Elf dispose of the body.

With Dumbledore gone, the final battle will go much smoother than originally thought. For now though, we are going to rest and regroup before beginning our plans to set the final pieces in motion.

Really though, this entire time is unreal. Voldemort being the good guy? Remus being alienated by the Marauders? Me helping the Dark Lord? Me becoming his heir? Merlin, if someone had told me that all this would be happening, I would have laughed. However, so many great things have come out of this. For one, I have Remus now. After he woke up he confessed that he loves me. That was the best day of my life.

However, there's still the issue of my time travel. I spoke with Zuna about it the previous night. She said that I have a choice; I can return to my own time, or I can stay here. At first I was unsure, but then I realized I have so much more here than I do in my own time. I have love, a family as strange as that might be, and a great future ahead of me here.

So really, the decision is simple. I just have to speak it out loud before the next hour is up and it becomes five p.m. Which means I will end up telling everyone here I am from a different time. Of course, Marvolo knew this already, so I am really not that worried. Sure, some people might come up with silly ideas to try and use what I know, but the chances of them succeeding are slim to none. I sighed, slipping into the chair next to Marvolo to wait until it was time. He had called for a meeting with his followers and they were slowly popping into the room.

At a bit after before 4 o'clock the door opened, and Remus walked in, ignored by everyone but myself. He looked up, and gave me a small, gentle smile. I happily returned it, until Marvolo turned to me.

"Harry, here, is not from this time period," there was a shocked gasp from the crowd as they turned their attention to me instead. " Though I would love nothing more than to see him remain here with us and help, I am unsure if this is possible. What do you say, Harry? Is there any possible way for you to stay in this time with us?" Marvolo looked at me, expectantly, as I turned to look at Remus. My green gaze met with tear filled amber, and I suddenly felt sick. There was no way I would be able to leave my wolf behind. Taking a deep breath, I continued to look at Remus as I spoke.

"I talked with Zuna about this very subject last night," I suddenly felt rather light, knowing that my time limit is drawing closer. "And I have come to realize a few things."

In order to stay I need to follow a few steps: step one is to give three reasons for needing or wanting to stay. "I am in love with Remus Lupin and I can't find the willpower to leave him behind. Second: I have a family here unlike in my own time, and third: I have a future here as the heir to Marvolo. I had no future to speak of in my own time, but now that I have such a future here, I am loath to depart from it."

Step two: prove my love, and form a bond. Stepping down from the dais, I walked over to where Remus was standing, and took his hand into mine, "Remus John Lupin, will you bond with me, Harry James Potter-Riddle, and become my life partner?" I looked into his eyes once more, conveying all that I felt in that moment into my gaze. I saw him take a shaky breath. His eyes glowed in the light, filled with happiness and unshed tears as he grasped my hands in his own, not wanting to release the hold.

"I, Remus John Lupin, will bond with you, Harry James Potter-Riddle, and become your life partner. Harry James Potter-Riddle, will you bond with me, Remus John Lupin, and become my life partner?" a golden thread appeared, forming between our hands, and I grinned, stomach fluttering in excitement and joy. This is really happening!

"I, Harry James Potter-Riddle, will bond with you, Remus John Lupin, and become your life partner. So mote it be," the golden thread grew, and became brighter.

"So mote it be," Remus repeated, and then we were suddenly enveloped by the golden light, before it disappeared a moment later. I noticed then that I could feel Remus in the back of my mind; we're now connected. We just have to finish the ceremony by making love tonight.

The final step is to state what it is I wish to do, and why. So, keeping his hands in mine, I raised my voice slightly and spoke as clearly as possible.

"I, Harry James Potter-Riddle, request to remain in this time, 1977. I make this request because I wish to remain with my bonded, Remus John Lupin. I also make this request so that I am able to assist Tom Marvolo Riddle, also known as Lord Voldemort, rebuild the wizarding world. So mote it be!" as I spoke the last words, a pink light enveloped me once again. At first I thought I had been too late, but then I heard a voice.

So, you wish to remain with your bonded mate, and to help Tom rebuild the wizarding world? Very well, Harry, I shall grant you this request. I wish you to have a very wonderful, and love filled life.

Then the light went away, and I was suddenly tackled by a sobbing werewolf.

"Harry! I thought you had left there for a moment! Don't ever do that to me again!" Remus sobbed into my shoulder, as I sat up with him.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you, love," I whispered, before looking up at the ruler of the wizarding world. "There you have it, Marvolo, you're officially stuck with me," I grinned, which he answered with a loud, charming, laugh.

"I'm glad to hear that, Harry! We can use all the help we can get."

It may take a few years, but the Wizarding World, would soon prosper under Lord Voldemort's rule.

In the meantime, Harry and Remus would continue to develop their relationship, becoming known for the deep love they held for each other, that crossed time itself to be realized.