one.

Donghyuck threw his pen down on his textbook, leaning back in his chair. A frustrated noise escaped his mouth, one that was sudden enough to catch Mark's attention while he was writing lyrics, which was no small feat.

"What's wrong?" Mark asked, pulling an earbud out of his ear and turning to look at his friend. Donghyuck cuddled his head into Mark's shoulder, letting out a long sigh, exhaling all the pent up stress he had been holding in.

Being a student was exhausting. Both Mark and Donghyuck knew it. It felt like all they had been doing was studying for the month leading up to finals. Quite frankly, Donghyuck was sick of studying and needed a break. They had even resorted to studying in the library since Donghyuck just could not focus in their apartment, though it wasn't working well.

"I hate studying," Hyuck whined, and Mark rolled his eyes. "How come you never have to study? Or write essays? Why am I the only one always working on stuff for school?"

Mark chuckled, pushing Hyuck off his shoulder. "Hmmm, let's see. Who was the one binge watching sappy dramas last weekend while I spent the day studying?" Mark asked, feigning confusion, though his eyes were sparkling.

"Fuck off, it's not my fault! Dramas are so damn addictive," Donghyuck pouted, but picked his pen back up reluctantly.

The pair went back to their respective tasks. Donghyuck managed to focus for another twenty minutes, writing down a half page of notes before slamming his textbook shut loudly. Mark ignored him, figuring he'd go back to studying if he didn't engage. Donghyuck sighed overdramatically, dropping the side of his head on the table, studying Mark's face nonchalantly.

Mark was pretty attractive to Donghyuck. No, scratch that. Mark was the fucking cutest guy Donghyuck had ever seen. It didn't help that he was so talented at everything he did, no matter what it was. Music, academics, even sports. It was like he was asking to be loved and pined after.

When the two had first met, they really hated each other. They met at a party through Jaehyun, who had introduced the two of them. Donghyuck had told Mark not to take offense, but 'you're literally dressed like a grandpa at 18.' Mark thought Hyuck was drunk so he brushed the comment off, but Donghyuck couldn't help but to make fun of his appearance and personality the whole night. Mark decided that this annoying guy was definitely not going to be his friend.

After the party, both of their friend groups quickly merged, much to both of the boys' disgust. Donghyuck felt like Mark was stealing all his friends, which prompted more hate between the two. Eventually, they started talking when their friends hung out together and they realized the other wasn't so bad. Mark realized that Donghyuck's insults were how he showed his affection, and Donghyuck started to find Mark's sense of fashion endearing.

When their friends asked them why they hated each other so much, all they could muster up was a weak, 'he's fucking annoying' in response.

Over the past three years that they had known each other, they had gone from hating each other and throwing insults at every chance to being roommates this past year. It was pretty clear that Hyuck had grown on Mark. They spent most of their time together. Even though they drove each other crazy, they were also each other's closest friend.

"Hyuck?" Mark's questioning gaze pulled Donghyuck out of his stupor, the younger's face flushing a pretty red before lifting his head and turning back to his work.

Donghyuck knew his stares weren't as secretive as he would've liked, but from what he could tell, Mark had no idea about his feelings for him. He did his best to hide his feelings so he was sure that Mark had no idea. Donghyuck was used to hiding his feelings, no matter how much it'd bother him when Mark would show interest in a girl.