eleven.

Donghyuck counted off the beats and started moving, releasing all his pent up energy to the beat of the music. Dancing was the best way that Donghyuck could release stress, so that was exactly what he was doing. Jisung and Jeno were on either side of him as they danced, working to clean up the choreo.

"Mark said he might drop by to check on you," Jeno said to Donghyuck over the loud music echoing through the practice room.

"What? Why would he do that?" Donghyuck wondered, pausing and falling off-beat. He moved a second late, crashing into Jisung and falling on the floor, landing on his wrist. "Shit, ow. That hurts."

"Donghyuck hyung, are you okay?" Jisung stood up, brushing himself off and walking over to the older. Jeno quickly paused their music, letting their soft breathing fill the room.

Donghyuck just groaned and turned over, holding his wrist to his chest, letting the cold tile soothe the ache starting to build in his head. Of course he would hurt his wrist on the same arm that his shoulder was already hurt. He was just lucky that he didn't write with his left hand.

Jeno helped Donghyuck up into a sitting position, Jisung disappearing to presumably get an ice pack. "Sorry, I shouldn't have sprung that on you like that."

"It's fine, my mind was elsewhere anyway. Mark and I haven't really been talking, so I wasn't expecting to hear that he would come visit," Donghyuck explained, looking at the floor.

"You guys should talk, really. Mark's been missing you," Jeno said, while gently moving Donghyuck's wrist to see the damage done.

"He said that?" Donghyuck asked, wondering if Jeno was just saying that to make him feel better. Jeno didn't know of his feelings, but then, he wouldn't be surprised if he had figured them out. Jeno was a smart one.

Jeno nodded. "He's your best friend, Donghyuck. Of course he's gonna miss you if you just suddenly stop talking to him without telling him why."

Donghyuck understood that, he did, but he was just so ashamed of himself and he knew Mark deserved better, and he just didn't want to talk to Mark. Even though he missed him so much it hurt.

"Donghyuck-ah! Are you okay?" Mark rushed into the practice room, followed by a sheepish Jisung holding an ice pack wrapped in a towel.

Donghyuck's eyes widened as he saw Mark run over to him, kneeling down right in front of him. He watched Mark gently take his hand from Jeno, inspecting the joint, a furrow forming between his eyebrows as he focused.

"Fuck, Donghyuck. What were you doing? You should've been more careful," he chided, taking the ice pack from Jisung and lightly pressing it against his hand. Donghyuck shivered as the cold ice pack came in contact with his wrist, closing his eyes as Mark pulled Donghyuck closer to him.

"What happened anyways?" Mark asked quietly. Donghyuck opened his eyes and looked at Mark's face, soft and worried and full of concern and care. His eyes were so big and pretty, and staring right into his soul.

"I just fell. I was off beat and crashed into Jisung. I was distracted," Donghyuck admitted, looking at the tiled floor.

"Seriously, Hyuck, you should be more careful. Your wrist's a little swollen, I think you should go to the doctor just to get it double checked," Mark said, standing up and pulling Donghyuck with him.

Donghyuck nodded. "Okay, hyung. Thanks for taking care of me."

"Always, Hyuck."

There he went again making Donghyuck's heart do pleasant flips and jumping jacks. It was so obvious he cared for Donghyuck. And it was so obvious that he was too good for someone like Donghyuck.