nine.

The first time he got hurt, he waved it off and continued to back squat 120 lbs, far too much for someone who had just started lifting.

It didn't hurt when it happened, but it started hurting hours later when he was hanging out with Jaemin. They had been lounging on the couch, Donghyuck teasing Jaemin about his crush on Renjun, when he almost passed out from the pain.

He had stood up, expecting his body to be sore. He had been lifting a lot, and his shoulders had been sore. What he wasn't expecting was for his vision to get spotty and for his arm to cry in pain when he lifted it. Donghyuck had fallen back on the couch, his shoulder feeling like it was on fire every time he tried to lift his arm.

Jaemin had yelled for Jeno, who was far more experienced in sport injuries that Jaemin. Jeno had sat Donghyuck down and asked how much he had been lifting lately, and how often.

"You've been lifting too much without any rest days," Jeno concluded, after icing Donghyuck's shoulder. "You pulled your shoulder muscle, and if you don't rest, you could cause some serious damage. No more lifting for at least three days."

"What?" Donghyuck spluttered. "No, I can't not work out for three days."

"Donghyuck, take it easy. I don't know why you're working out so much but you could seriously get hurt. Slow down," Jeno said and Jaemin shot Donghyuck a look that clearly said "explain, or I will".

So he did, and realization dawned on Jeno's face. "I talked to Mark hyung today and he's really worried about you Donghyuck. You should talk to him."

Later, Renjun had thrown an ice pack at him, yelling at him for worrying him. "Seriously, Hyuck, this is getting out of control."

"I'll stop, I'll stop. Just don't tell Mark hyung, please," Donghyuck said. Renjun had sighed but nodded.

Donghyuck had gone home after he was sure Mark was asleep, nursing his hurt shoulder as he tried to fall asleep.

He couldn't even work out right.

He was really pathetic.