Dangerous: 6

▪

"here we go," jennie gave a sigh as she opened the gym doors for her, lisa, yoongi and hoseok. there standing right in the middle of the gymnasium were a group of boys and girls. before walking right to the group of people who were busily conversing, hoseok stopped his friends. "what's wrong?" jennie questioned as she raised a brow.

hoseok gave out a sigh, then looked at all of them in the eyes. "we have to remember not to get attached, alright?" he said seriously.

"well of course," yoongi muttered. "who wants to end up in this dump anyway when we have a family to get back to?"

jennie snickered as she grabbed the youngest's hands, "let's go," she said.

the four slowly walked to the middle, gathering attention from the others as they did so. finding a familiar smile in the group, lisa smiled, then gave a wave as she approached jungkook.

"never expected you to be the cheerleading type, jennie kim," rosé stepped from the crowd with a beautiful girl beside her.

jennie rolled her eyes. "please don't interrupt me while i'm ignoring you."

"yoongi!" taehyung also came out from the crowd of teenagers and greeted the ice prince with a boxy smile. "i knew you'd try out!"

the silent yoongi just nodded his head as hoseok whispered underneath his breath, "friendly already, hm?"

"alright," the female standing beside rosé said, getting everyone's attention. "i am seulgi, the cheerleading team's captain whereas minho is the basketball team's captain. however, since he's currently out of the city at the moment, jimin will take his position for now."

jimin, who grinned brightly looked at hoseok and yoongi.

"okay, for you two girls, come with us outside," seulgi said. "the basketball team will be using the gymnasium whereas we will use the outdoors."

seulgi turned towards the exit leading outside while everyone else followed. "i wonder what it takes to be the cheerleading captain," jennie mumbled with a mischievious smile on her face. "it would be nice to have followers all over again, right lili?"

jennie turned to her right, where lisa was supposed to be, but it turned out that she was already ahead, talking to the rosé girl.

rolling her eyes, jennie took her time and walked towards them while giving a side-eye at rosé.

"okay," jimin said, holding the ball. "do the both of you have experience with playing basketball?"

"i was captain of the team back at bighit academy," yoongi said. "hoseok was in the team too."

taehyung smiled. "i knew you were good when we were playing the sport during gym. this explains why," he chuckled.

"anyway, why don't we play a game to see if you're qualified to be in?" jimin said, starting to dribble the ball.

"sure," hoseok muttered, taking his leather jacket off and tossing it to the side. "who's throwing it in?"

a whistle blew and a girl raised her hand for the ball. jimin passed it to her gracefully as she caught it, walking towards the middle. "get into position," she said.

"two versus two?" jimin asked, calling in taehyung.

"sure, why not," yoongi said.

"god those two were fast," jimin said as taehyung and him sat on the floor of seokjin's living room. "that jung hoseok guy was extremely good at making dunks while yoongi was great at three-point shots. heck, he could even shoot into the basket from across the gym facing backwards!"

jisoo walked in with a bunch of tea, setting it on the table. "it's funny because you could tell that taehyung and jimin were having a hard time while yoongi and hoseok weren't even sweating."

"really?" jin asked, laughing.

jungkook nodded as he reached for a cup. "i'm just wondering why bighit academy doesn't register their basketball team in any competitions."

rosé shrugged, "maybe because they weren't allowed?" she asked. "i mean think about it, they come from a city filled with crime, with their gang at the top. do you think people would let dangerous people go into competetions where there's a chance that they might... i dunno, hurt someone?"

jisoo and the rest stared at her as rosé looked at them as if she said nothing. coughing, jisoo took a sip of her tea. "well, uh, so what happened with the cheerleading tryouts?" she asked.

"they both passed," rosé said. "there was really nothing special about them."

"what do you mean?" jungkook asked.

rosé shrugged. "that's what our manager, irene unnie said. they were amazing, don't get me wrong, and they're better than the people in our team, but the thing is..."

"what?" taehyung asked.

"you know how irene has that feeling where someone doesn't try their best?" rosé asked as the others nodded. "she felt as if they weren't trying at all."

"it's finally dark out," jennie said as she stretched herself out, then looked to the other side of the room where a digital clock was placed on the wall. "5:00 pm?"

a knock was heard behind her bedroom door, and a tall, slim man walked in. "make sure you wake up lisa. we'll be out in thirty minutes."

"kay joon," she mumbled before standing up. she grabbed her blue leather jacket then headed to the younger's room. slamming the door open, she heard lisa groan. "don't tell me you're sore from cheerleading tryouts," jennie mumbled, placing herself down on the girl's bed.

"of course not," lisa said as she sat up straight on her bed. "we passed the tryouts easily. it's just..."

jennie sighed, then opened her phone to lisa's post from today. "is it cuz of this guy?" she asked. jennie held up her phone in front of her face, showing the picture she had recently posted with jungkook. "why did you disable the comments too? people are wondering if you're dating him."

she shrugged. "i got his account to reach eight hundred thousand followers in five hours, so he should be thankful," lisa replied, beginning to get up.

"that's not what i'm saying, dimwit," jennie rolled her eyes as she watched lisa grab her red leather jacket.

"i couldn't care less about what you mean."

"good lord," yoongi, who was at the door of lisa's bedroom mumbled. "stop talking and let's go. hoseok's car has been running for fifteen minutes already."

"right, whatever," lisa said, grabbing her heels and quickly putting them on. she then looked back at the older girl. "let's go jennie."

jennie sighed, stood up, then walked past the two. "let's hurry up then."