A Piece of Work

"I'm not gay." Grayson finally said.

James pushed his eyebrows together. "Okay, I know that." James said, watching the younger look away from him.

Grayson furrowed his eyebrows as well and shook his head. "I know." He said quickly. "I know. I just, I-I want to make sure you know. I don't want you to be, you know.." He trailed off.

James didn't know though. "What? Be what? What am I supposed to be?" He asked, tilting his head to the side.

"Disappointed that I'm not.. gay." Grayson said, pausing to single out the word gay.

James chose to ignore it though. Grayson didn't mean it like that, he was just freaked out. The straights were like that.

James rolled his eyes. "Grayson, I don't care. I know you're straight. I've known since we met. It was just a party mishap, drunken stupor. Forget about it." He waved his hand, like he was pushing the words away.

Grayson thought that was the answer he wanted to hear. It did relax him a little, but he could definitely tell this hadn't resolved anything.

They had lapsed back into silence. James wished he could figure out what Grayson was thinking right now.

Grayson, on the other hand, wanted to get away again. He'd already put emphasis on the word gay and he didn't want to mess up any worse than that.

Too many things were running through his head right now. He couldn't think straight, literally.

"Can you leave?" Grayson didn't mean for the words to come out so quickly. He didn't want James to think he was upset with him.

He needed to be alone though. He needed to figure this out so he wasn't acting so weird around his best friend.

James blinked. He was serious? He wanted James to leave?

When Grayson didn't say anything else, James scoffed and stood up. "Yeah." he mumbled. "I'll leave."

Grayson bit his lip, refusing to look at the other while he gathered his things and made sure he had his camera.

James stopped to look at Grayson one more time, wishing he'd say something that would make James feel like their friendship wasn't falling apart, but Grayson didn't.

James felt tears fill his eyes. "You are one piece of work, Grayson Dolan." he said before turning his back towards the younger and walking out of the house.

Grayson wanted to go after him. He wanted to stop him from getting in his car and driving away, but he couldn't. He knew it wouldn't do any good.

He had to get his head right.

—————————

i know this one is really short, like i'm missing around 1000 words
but grayson's pov is next and i had to get this part done before i could do that

and i didn't want chapter two to be too long so

here you go

plus it's all about presentation. gotta hook you guys. use all the cliffhangers.

lol anyway
i love you guys and i hope you like it

i'll be back with grayson's pov tomorrow or in a few days. not sure how long it'll take me to write it but i already have it outlined so
shouldn't take too long