There's an Intruder, Intruder

"Do you want to watch a movie?" Grayson asked when James walked into the living room carrying two hot chocolates.

Grayson was busy looking through the movies he had lined on his shelf. James hummed and set the cups down on his coffee table.

"Which one did you want to watch?" He replied, walking over to look at the movies Grayson had in his hand.

Grayson held up two movies. Kill Your Darlings and The Perks of Being a Wallflower. "I didn't know you had these." He raised his eyebrows.

James smiled a little, grabbing the first DVD case. "I didn't know you liked movies like this."

The two of them made their way to the couch once the movie was put in. James handed Grayson the remote and the younger hit play.

Grayson shifted to get more comfortable, putting his arm around James' shoulders as the older leaned into his side.

This felt nice. Just relaxing, not having to worry or think about anything. Grayson was relieved to be able to give his brain a rest.

the movie went on and they were able to just enjoy each other's company for about an hour. It was almost four when they were rudely interrupted by James' front door opening and closing.

They looked at each other and started whispering to ask who that was before hearing Ethan call out. "James?! Is Grayson here?!"

They froze, Grayson immediately showing signs of panic across his face. The younger moved to pull away from James before his brother entered the room, but he wasn't fast enough.

Ethan rounded the corner just as James yelled his reply. "Yeah!-" He cut himself off, seeing that Ethan hadn't waited for an answer and just made his way through James' house.

Grayson did his best to try and calm himself down. It was normal for James to be touchy. It was normal for them to be this close. Grayson was just so nervous that Ethan was going to know that something was up.

"There you are. I've been looking for you." Ethan rolled his eyes and went to sit in one of James' other chairs. "Hey, James." He said, making sure to acknowledge the oldest.

Grayson finally snapped out of it when his brother started talking to him. "Me? Why?" Grayson looked over to his brother who had started to half way pay attention to the movie that was still playing.

Ethan glanced from the tv to his brother, obviously being more interested in the movie now. "Oh, I just wanted to talk to you about next weekend. After we do the gift exchange we've got to pack for Jersey. We probably won't be able to upload the gift video until we're in Jersey anyway."

Grayson blinked but sighed and rubbed his face with his free hand. "Yeah, you're probably right."

James injected, just to try and comfort Grayson and let him know it was alright to calm down a little. Ethan didn't suspect anything, but James could tell Grayson was a little off. "We can trust you two to edit and upload on time?" He joked.

Ethan glanced to James and chuckled a little. "Yes. Yeah, we got it. Tell him, Gray."

"We got it." Grayson repeated, trying to smile a little as he looked from his brother to James.

Times like these were the ones he was going to miss when he decided to tell Ethan. It would never be the same; Ethan would know and every time they acted affectionately towards each other in front of him Grayson would know that Ethan was thinking about his orientation.

It was kind of hard to wrap your head around, but Grayson had a huge fear of never being accepted or liked. It was like he was always pushed to the side or judged harshly for his decisions and he didn't want this to be something he grew to regret and eventually deny.