CHAPTER 5

-The chai deal

After the class was over everyone went to their respective ways. Samaira had her next class in an hour, she decided to go to cafeteria and treat herself. she asked Hania if she is joining her but unfortunately she had her class. Sumaira went on her own. As she entered the cafeteria, she examine the whole place.She find the cafeteria very lively as the walls were painted in vibrant colours and the paintings of arts students were hanging on the walls.The ambience was friendly but crowded with students laughing, joking around, eating. She went to sit on a table.

All of a sudden someone poke on her shoulder and she turn around and found Samar standing with folded hands and a warm smile on his face,"want some company?"

Samaira smiles back with a nod.

Samar settle himself and turn his gaze to look around and says,"So?".

Samaira replies with confusion on her face,"Soooo?".

"you know how much confusion you carry on your face?" , Samar asked.

Samaira grimace, Samar immediately pointed towards her and cut her off "This...This is what i'm talking about... why is it there all the time".

Samaira went in a deep thought as if Samar's question bring back an old memory which she never wanted again in her head

"Nani, why people are so confusing when it comes to show their feelings?" Samaira asked with all innocence in her face while her nani was brushing her hair...

nani smiled on her innocence and said,"Maira beta! sometimes people are not good at expressing or they just like the way they are or sometimes they are not comfortable in showing it"

"But nani why is ama always showing her love to me but not to abba, expressing your love and to let them know can make life less confusing... no?", she looked at her nani who went to a deep thought and stopped brushing her hair. "Nani what happened?" Samaira asked.

nani went quiet and a hint of worry on her face was visible to a 7 years Samaira. Nani knew that samaira's mom and dad were going apart and it was even obvious when a little girl can feel it. Nani even tried to control things by talking but it went all futile.

relations never comes with any warranty. we never know when a tornado can hit and the bonds can lost. lost in it's air ... in it's whirlwind.

Samaira's family was at risk and she was too young to understand this.

Samar shook her and she was back solemnly looking at Samar. "Are you alright?", he asked. Samaira nodded in response.

Samar was examining her. Samaira noticed that he was staring at her but in actual Samar was in deep thought and he didn't notice. which made Samaira uncomfortable! she felt like Samar was judging her in his head. Her hands started sweating and for a second she close her eyes,"Don't let them in, just don't".