(BNHA) Todoroki Shouto

| TOO LATE TO REGRET

You were just a quirkless ordinary person, you and shouto met when he was a freshman in UA.  Despite being quirkless he likes you immediately and after a while you two dated despite disagreement between his father.

Your time with shouto was the best time of your life, he made time for you and never forgets important dates. But unfortunately it was never a happily ever after.

After he graduated and become a pro-hero you two got married, for the first 1-2 years you could feel the love and support from each other, but as time goes on, he become to busy being a hero and rarely comes home. He forgot anniversaries and birthdays, but you never gave up, because you understood him.

Today was your 5th anniversary of getting married , you prepared his favourite meal, bought an expensive bottle of wine and prepared a very special gift. When everything was ready you called him and an urgent voice answered.

'(Y/n), now's not a really good time'

"ahh, sho-chan, i called since last time you said you'll come home early today"

'I'm so---'

But he was cut off, as you heard an explosion on the other end and shouts were heard.

"sho-chan?, what's that, are you okay?"

"(Y/n) I'll call you later"

And just like that the call ended, you took a deep sigh and smiled, you know he was just saving people but it hurts being neglected. You took a seat in front of the table with his favourite food, a bottle of wine and on the opposite side was the same but with a nicely wrapped gift.

You just stared at the burning candle in the middle of the table, your attention was brought back when you heard glasses being shattered, yes you were quirkless but your not dumb, you know someone broke in, immediately you grabbed the phone and dialed shoutos number, but no ones answering.

You shakily grabbed a baseball bat, from the kichen a figured immerged and when the light hit his face you immediately recognise him as a villain, he was the villain shouto was trying to catch.

"oh, were you waiting for me? "

His raspy voice send shivers down your spine, with a shaky voice you tried to be brave.

"wha-what the he-hell are y... You doing... Here? "

Finding pressure from your scared form, he smirked and with a casual tone as if your friends he said.

"your husband is getting on my nerves lately, so i figured i should pay him back"

And with that he walk towards you and when he was near enough, he swang his large knife,luckily for you, you dodge and only got a scratch, you also swang the baseball bat towards him but it only broke to pieces.

With your last strength, you run upstairs, bumping to every household items in the house. The villain only creepily laugh.

"hahahahaha, i like this game, go on and hide hahaha"

Hiding in the small space in the bedroom, you shakily dials shoutos number but he didn't answer, his probably busy, never giving up you dialed his number again and again, as the villains voice come nearer.

"(y/n)-channnnn, where are you"

Tears were now streaming down your face, you were scared too scared, you dialed his number again but still no one answered.

You were taken aback when you were grabbed in the back of your neck and was tossed to the bed.you came face to face with the villain's face, holding the phone close to you, still dialing shoutos number.

"sorry, but it's game over~~"

The villain sings as he plunged his knife to your stomach, the last though you had was shouto.

Mean while, after the emergency, shouto check his phone to find 13 missed calls from you, he called you back but you didn't answer. That was when he noticed it, a notification was in his phone. It was your anniversary, and he missed it again, he knows he messed up after promising last year that he wouldn't missed it again. On his way to home, he brought your favorite flower, thinking of your bright smile greeting him.

When the house come to view, he was surprised to see police officers and crowd of bystanders, his stomach suddenly flips and stuff. He ran,towarsds his home, towards his wife. Some police tries to stop him but immediately recognise him and let him pass.

When he got to the house everything was a mess, broken glass, broken furnitures and stains of blood. It was that time he prayed that you were okay. An officer lead him to the bedroom, the police officer left him in front of the door giving him a pitying look.

He carefully opened the door and the sight immediately caused him pain, tears fall down his eyes, the flower he was holding has been long forgotten in the cold floor. Silently he walk towards the bed, we're it seems you were just sleeping, but the white sheets he slept in was now covered in blood, your blood, your usually fair skin is now paler, the smile he loved has now died.

And just like that he fell down on the floor, not believing whats happening,he wiped your tear stained face, how scared would you have been,he cried and stayed their holding your cold hand's until the police have to moved your body.

Like a zombie he followed you getting moved outside, until he notice the dining table with a neatly set up, he approached it and noticed his favourite food, a wine and a gift. Just the sight of it made him teared up, he was supposed to seat their, eat with you and listen to your stories.

Shakily he opened the wrapped gift, inside was  a pregnancy test and a card that says:

'you're going to be a great father'

And that was all it took to shatter his whole world, if only he listens and got home, you would still be alive, it was his fault,he didn't even got the chance to say sorry, while he was saving others, he couldn't even protect his own family.

-------------------------
Sorry for killing you 😥😥 sumimasen 😣😣