chapter five

The beach was a great site for sore eyes and the wind that comes along with current flow was noisy yet relaxing.the trio walk by the beach not saying much to each other, Adam's phone rang and he excused himself from the group.

The girls didn't find it odd that he had to excuse himself for the call but his body language was rather strange.

Khadeeja's POV

He stepped away from us to take his call,not that we mind but he looked like he was about to answer to a "monster" which is funny Adam was a tough guy I doubt if he's talking to lady ,he clenched his jaw a couple of times as he spoke on the phone.

Anfisa can't help but whispered to me " are you sure he invited the both of us?"

"Why?whats wrong?"

"Because it's like I'm interrupting something "

"And  he hardly spoke since we got here and I know he spoke alot, I've seen you two before you know ".

I can't tell her that she wasn't invited now that everything is steady between us plus I want her to have a good impression of him.

I struggled with my subconscious before snapping back into reality "he specifically asked if you would come with us" .

End of khadeeja's POV.

Adam's PoV.

My phone rang and  right then I knew who it was."It  was him" why he's  calling now? I have no clue ,it's not time yet.

I slowly made my way to palm tree by the beach as I look around, away from the girls for some privacy."oh how I hated this man".

He spoke and I can't help but clench my jaw as it was about to happen all over again.

I hung up and stared at my phone not really sure of what to do next,I hated my life for this and what's worst I hated him for making me do this for the past  years and I've reached my breaking point,With a huge sigh " I made way to meet up with the girls wearing a smile "So,girls how about ice cream before I drop you back ?"

End of Adam's POV.

This time the ride to the ice cream was more on the positive side as Adam and Anfisa found alot of things to talk about breaking the awkwardness from earlier,khadeeja was so happy seeing the two in such  good mood and giving each other the chance for a fresh start.

"You haven't shown me where you live ,I mean your house ,I haven't seen your mum for the longest."

"they traveled out of town but she's fine ,looking young as always".

"I'll take you once they're  back" he assured.

Khadeeja nods with an ok face.

With lot of laughs and jokes they made their way to the ice cream shop ,Adam  held the door for the two girls as they walk through and grabbed sits. The conversion was lively and fun at the same time as this was a fine setting.

It took  half an hour and it was more of a catching up,jokes and giggles after wards,Anfisa  excused her self to the bathroom and left both khadeeja and Afam who seem to have alot to talk about.

Khadeeja's POV

Adam dropped us back at school ,"today was fun actually"

"yeah ,thank you so much adam" Anfisa adds.

Before she excused her self, Adam's reply was still positive  "any time ".

"Thank you for today it was kind of you,Plus you were nice to my friend so thank you".

"You're so welcome, I should go"

He looked sad all of a sudden. I thought to myself. And before he said anything I can't help but ask.

"Adam ?are you okay"

"Yeah,I'm fine"

But his words were shaky and for some reason I don't believe him,but I don't want to force anything ,So I didn't say anything.

"Ok,I think I should go too,I have classes tomorrow."

We were both quiet for a while, which was awkward and it was never this awkward between us even years back when I found out that he has a crush on me;And I didn't let that ruin the friendship so why is it so now? I asked to myself.

"ok" breaking the silence

"Yeah,see you around,I'll call you"

"Ok bye".

I turned around to walk away and I struggled with my body not to turn around which was a victory as I made my way up I heard an engine roar ; sure he was leaving.

It's all Anfisa's fault I  thought to myself she wasn't suppose to leave us ,she's  so cunning . I got into our room and she was already waiting for me and before I closed the door behind me her question stunned me "So did he ask you out?."

"No!,we're  just friends ."

"Well I t doesn't look like that,I was peaking through the window you know."

Can't help but laugh."you are one crazy person ."
I made my way to sit at the edge of the bed and she followed standing inches away.

"Admit it" she insisted

"Admit what?"

" That he likes you and you like him back."

"It's very funny how you think but no"

♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

Hello lovelies ❤❤.

Don't forget to vote,comment and share .
Thank you.