chapter sixteen

Kiya came as promised,she took khadeeja to the next room and told herto be quick while she waits outside.

She nods and walk into the room,She scanned the room and there she was,her friend,Anfisa,curled up in a fetal position, facing the other way and she just layed there.

She quickly went to her friend and kneeled.Anfisa felt her presence and turned around to see who it was, and without minutes to spare she quickly got up and they both hugged one another.

The hug continued for a while but no one spoke,crying.

"I wasn't...wasn't...wrong...it was you...your voice..I heard...I thought.."Anfisa spoke, sobbing.

pulling out from the hug,It was already bad what's worse she has to tell her friend what she knows about this dark place.

"I know you've  figured how we ended up here "holding her hands.

"The party?mina?do you think she has something to do with this?"Anfisa  spoke.

"I doubt that!"

"What if she does,she  was one the one who got us into this!whatever it is" Anfisa expressed with a hint of rage

"As I much I want to blame her I can't,we decided to go there,  mina gave us  the passage,she tried to convince us yes!but it's partly our fault too,we let ourselves get carried away she was a bad influence" khadeeja corrects

"Once we get out here,I'm done with her and so is dee2".

"Get out of here?"

"Yes...I think we were kidnapped ..I'm sure our families will negotiate something,it's the big city this always happens right?"

"I wish it was that simple"

"What do you mean?what do you know?look even if that doesn't happen, dee2 will find a way he's  strong he'll Get us out of here".

Khadeeja  got up and walked bit sensing her friend is in denial even though she can still feel doubts in her voice.

"We're not getting out here Anfisa!except for a miracle!and this,this is not a kidnapping ." 

Anfisa got up and walk towards her ,She wants to understand her friend words.

"What do you mean?"

Taking  a deep breath and in that moment she told her friend what she knew.

"This is a ritualist den" waiting for her  reaction.

"What!who told?"

"The woman who works in the mansion told me,what's worse the day after tomorrow we'll all be dead in the most barbaric way and no one will come for us"wiping  tears with the palm of her hands

"My God" Anfisa exclaimed while she cried more.

"De..Dee2 Will...he will come for us"

"Dee2 is dead!"khadeeja  snapped.
And silence fills the room, anfisa got to her knees as panick washed all over her and she crumbled to pieces in just seconds,She can't believe her brother is dead.

"They killed him,I'm so sorry"reaching out to her friend for support.

The door swung open and kiya looked at the girls before she spoke.

"It's time,before someone else come"kiya said.

Aina nods at kiya, "please give us a minute" khadeeja added.

Kiya nods and closed back the door.

"I'm sorry,I should've listen when you told me mina was a bad influence,I should've listened" Sounding more like a  whisper but enough to be heard

"There's  another thing you should know"

"After this?"

"Yes,Adam is involved in this".

"Adam ?" Anfisa repeats

"Yes,that's why he wanted to me to stay away and I can't help but regret not listening to him"

"He'll help us ,won't he?

"He won't! ,He can't."

"Why?his Your friend isn't he?"

"he just simply can't,they're so many reasons but...but..its not important now..its already done!".

The door swung open again only this time kiya walked to the girls and grabbed her by the wrist.

"I have to take you back" kiya said.

"I know...but wait.."she pleaded.

"Please don't take her".

"I have to,someone is coming,you 'll get me into trouble,now Please!".

Without  any more struggles khadeeja  followed  kiya out of the room.

The North.

The next day, khadeeja's mother was more worried than ever being that she couldn't get hold of her daughter and her husband is leaving for out of town today, she can't help but want to go the city herself  to check up on her daughter.

While she sits in the living room,aunt Hauwa walked in,aunt Hauwa  made her presence known but Mrs mani was lost in her own thoughts and she didn't noticed.

She walked over to her and put a hand on her shoulder,sensing some ones presence she was a bit startled by the gesture and she snapped back to reality but she was still sad.

"Has she called yet?" Aunt hauwa asked.

"No"

"I couldn't reach her also " aunt hauwa said looking sad.

"Where is my brother?"

"He's leaving in just a couple of minutes"

"What is he doing about this?"

"I don't know,we hardly talk,he spends most of his time in his study;he doesn't want to take me seriously about this . "

"I don't even know where he's  traveling to,he didn't tell me yet"

Before aunt hauwa could say anything else some ones presence interrupt her,it was the maid carrying his suitcase and he calmly walked behind her.

"Brother!"

"Hauwa dear...you came to see me off" he calmly spoke.

"Yes brother"

"Has anyone gotten hold of my niece yet?" Mr mani asked.

"No I'm thinking of going to check up on her,don't you think?"his wife said said  looking at her husband.

"That's not neccesary" he said looking at the time.

"But it is and you're leaving,so some one has to"

"I haven't told you earlier dear but my meeting is in Lagos;so I thought to check up on our daughter".

"But you didn't tell me this earlier and you knew how worried I was".

"I'm sorry dear"

"It's  fine,that's a relief "

"Yes and I'm sure everything will turn out good,you 'll see"

"Okay ladies,I should go as soon as I get there I'll call"

"Yes dear and please check on our daughter and call me immediately ,I have few things to say to her"

♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

Don't forget to vote, comment and share.

Thank you