Broken wing

Okay so if you read the Broken wing preview this picks up right after that.

No one's POV:

Both Y/n and Raven stood there facing each other...eyes locked in silence...Y/n's wings shimmered...and Raven's one black wing ruffled a bit....they stared each other down until finally one finally spoke.

Y/n: "No wonder i felt a strange yet familiar coming off you." His wings vanished.

Raven: "So I'm guessing you already know what I have?" Her wing vanished as well.

Y/n: "Yes. A shard of Soul Edge reforged into pendent that grants the wearer the power to combat Soul Edge and match it. Soul Rend."

Raven: "Yes. Helel's failsafe in case anyone of...unpure intentions is deemed worthy by Soul Edge."

Y/n: "Yeah...cause to wield Soul Edge you don't particularly have to be pure of heart or even fundamentally good...hell you could be pure evil and still be deemed worthy. As long as you have that infinite potential...your eligible."

Raven: "Indeed....after your training was done...I was signaled by Helel himself....I never believed the story of Soul Edge or Helel....but...when he came to me himself....well...there wasn't much room for doubt."

Y/n nods but still keeps a stoic expression.

Raven: ".....Soul Rend is...given to the person who is both a reminder of pain and comfort to the wielder of Soul Edge. I am...both a symbol of pain...and to a degree comfort in your life Y/n. Though...I'm fairly certain it's more pain the  comfort."

Y/n: "Sigh....Well Raven...our moments together were...silent and confusing...tense as well but...I can't deny...when it was just you and me...I did feel peace. So yes to a degree you did bring me comfort. Though I never understood it...I still don't now but...I appreciate it." 

Raven smiles weakly.

Raven: "So....with that out the way..."

Y/n: "Yeah......why?"

Raven: "........" Looks away.

Y/n: "Raven don't do that. Listen you signaled me here to speak and finally get things settled out. Come on...please. I NEED the truth."

Raven: "Sigh...Okay Y/n. Listen....I...don't have a good excuse for not helping you more then I did...and no excuse for treating you the way I did when the others were around..."

Y/n: "Yes but why DID you do it?"

Raven: "Sigh....I'm...a coward Y/n. Despite my cold, stern, in charge and tough persona...I'm actually not as brave as I want to believe myself to be...."

Y/n stayed and listened with his stoic look slowly turning into a frown.

Raven: "I just...do what doesn't hurt me...or what doesn't make me lose alot. I have a bad habit of not involving myself out of self preservation. When my backs at the wall I do go all out...but..normally it never comes to that cause I either A, leave it to someone else or B, duck out half way through...."

Y/n: ".........."

Raven: "I talk about strength yet...I don't wield it myself...at least not what I could wield...if i just bite the bullet and started giving everything my all and not half assing it just in case things don't work out..."

Raven: "Sigh...and your case...was no different...I didn't do what I should have cause i was afraid of my life with the others would change so much...and...I didn't want that...you see Y/n...I...was a bandit before I came to Beacon. Both me and Qrow..."