Dear You

Rose took a deep breath as she entered her new classroom. This would signal a new beginning for her. She was nervous because she was new here and could possibly make a fool of herself.

She stood in front and introduced herself as calmly as she could. "My name is Rose Falls, I hope we get along."

Murmurs came from the students and the teacher shushed all of them. She smiled at Rose. (Rose thought her smile was rather warm)

"Rose transferred in the middle of the school and I know most of you already have your own friends but try to be nice to her."

They responded with a 'Yes, Mrs. Nicole' and she nodded in satisfactory. "As for you Rose, You can sit next to Alex, speaking of which, where is he?"

A girl with short brown hair answered, "I saw him sleeping at the garden." Mrs, Nicole sighed when she heard this. "Really, that boy never learns."

"It's not like he really needs to study, his credits are high enough to graduate early." The boy next to the brown haired girl said in envy. The rest of the class agreed.

Meanwhile Rose was waiting to be seated. She had been standing for awhile now...

Right when she was about to call the teacher. The door opened softly, A male with black hair tied in a short ponytail went in. His gentle green eyes glanced at her for a second before giving a smile.

"Sorry I'm late. I overslept." Rose marveled at his soft voice. Most guys speaks in a strong and loud voice.

Mrs, Nicole snorted before an exasperated smile appeared on her face. "Yes yes, you overslept in the garden again. Go to your seat."

He nodded and went to sit at the last row next to the window. The seat beside him was empty.

"Rose, your seat is next to him." She nodded and quickly walked to it. She sat down and curiously looked at her seatmate. He was looking outside the window in a daze.

Suddenly, he turned to give her a smile. "Is there anything you need?" She blushed for getting caught.

"Ah, My name's Rose, I'll be your seatmate for a  year, I guess...?" She gave him an awkward smile. He stared at her and when she was about to ask what was wrong. He spoke up.

"Have I met you before?" She blinked at that. "I don't think so..." He hummed and looked at her in a daze. She bit her lip, was this guy mentally challenged?

"Alexis Foster" She blinked as he gave his name, before nodding in acknowledgement.

The teacher started the lesson and Rose faced the front. Unaware of the sorrowful eyes staring at her.

'She doesn't remember." Alex frowned and touching his chest. His heart twisted painfully and he took a deep breath.

He would smile no matter how it hurts. As long as she was happy.