Part three: The apartments and the eye

"So we're a tourist spot now?" I shook my head giggling...
"Maybe, I don't exactly know who lives here." I looked back at the taped up door, the caution tape practically screaming the words 'stay away from me.' He looked back at the door too, the cop giving him a cold glare. Sal moved his attention back to me. "So.." he paused and I looked at him and he spoke again, "I haven't lived in Nockfell for very long, but my friend was telling stories about that abandoned house. What's so bad about it?" My awkward smile turned up and I went on confidently, " That house is ancient, and it's rumored to have the remains of what once was the bodies of an old group of high schoolers. My uncle would tell me stories about the house, he once told me an old man lived there and the man just disappeared one day." He seemed interested in my rambling about the old house and he said, "can we—" i interrupted, "Go see it?! Yes!" He nodded in agreement. We got in the elevator and he hit the first floor button carefully..

[Sal's POV]
After I pressed the button for the first floor, the elevator sputtered in response, going down. I smiled stupidly, getting excited to go see this creepy house. (Y/N) really knew a lot about Nockfell, considering she's probably lived here all her life. She turns to me and says, " My uncle said that the old man liked to garden, but when he disappeared, it ran wild. Now there are vines crawling all up the house, it's an odd house but it's also a serene house." I nodded, listening as the elevator opened and we eventually walked down the street. We stride down the rough concrete until we get to the street of the abandoned house. It never looked so peaceful, the closer you got to it you could see the old plants that now had weeds surrounding them. She walked up to the flower bed where an old rose bush once thrived. She held her breath and moved the thorny bush branches away and reached her arm in it to grab something. I cringed hard, that's gotta hurt. "(Y/N)!" I gasped. She looked at me and pulled out an old pendulum that had a big limestone droplet at the bottom. "I'm fine." She reassured me even with small scratches on her arm. I stared at it. "What's that for?" I asked. She held it strung from her finger and replied, " My auntie told me after my uncle disappeared, that this was a riddle that he wanted me to solve.. and I found this." She paused and looked down at her feet while clutching the pendulum. "The riddle went–'a spine for an eye, will find itself with roots intertwined.' The eye resembles the old eye shaped target above the rose bush.. and that's what led me to this." I looked at her puzzled, "Do you know what it was used for?" She looked at me and shook her head. "Maybe a good luck charm." she said and I shrugged. She looked at me and smiled, I smiled back but of course she couldn't tell. I went on and asked her, "Do you want to go meet my friend Larry and ask him about it?" She nodded and said "sure." I held out my hand to help her up. We started walking back to the apartments. We made it there, and I was slightly worn out. I huffed and led her to the elevator. She looked at my mask and said "Larry sounds cool, from what you were telling me after we left." I nodded and replied with, "Yeah he's my best friend, and you should be going to our school right? So you can meet the rest of the group too!" She looked hopeful "I'm thrilled." She laughed. After i push the basement button I slide my keycard. We get to Larry's apartment and I opened the front door. "I'm pretty much family here." I said to (Y/N). She nodded while we walked in and Lisa smiled, "Good afternoon Sal! And you are?" She turned to (Y/N) and she replied so gently, "(Y/N)(L/N)." Lisa gave her a soft, approving smile. I walked her to Larry's room and knocked. "It's me." He got all hyped and rushed to the door. "Sally face! My dude!" Then he looked over at her. He looked back at me, then back at her. He gave me "the look" the look that says "what the hell have you been hiding from me man" look. "This is (Y/N). She lives near the abandoned house, she came to investigate about Mrs. Sanderson." She nodded and held out her hand, "You seem like a cool dude, my names (Y/N) but you already know that." She chuckled and Larry shook her hand. We walked in his room and I decided to lay across a bean bag while (Y/N) got comfortable on the floor..

[Larry's POV]
Sal and (Y/N) got comfortable while I sat on my bed. I looked over at her quickly, "So! What's all about that house huh? The creepy one?" I asked urgently. She shot her look over to sal who just looked at both of us. "She took me to the house and told me a story about her uncle and the old man that once lived there. And she has this weird gemstone thing." Sal shrugged. "What weird gemstone thing?" I asked as she pulled a pendulum out of her pocket. "THAT! Dude, those are used for spiritual shit. And depending on the owner it can be used for a variety of different things." I shuddered. "Well now I know what it's for." (Y/N) said. "But how do I use it???" She went on.
I shook my head. "You have to set responses on it, like yes or no. You can also use it as a map. They're actually kind of cool but I lost one i had a long time ago." I looked at her and she hummed. "I'll do that later."..

[okay I overwrote a little, but it was hecca late. I'll be working on part 4!! Love you guys] 💕💕🤟🤟