Poisoning From The Inside

~~NOTE~~

Hey Guys! I have had this story idea in my head for like EVER! So I wanted to try typing out a first chapter to get some imput (: Comment and tell me if you guys like it so I can move forward with it. Maybe- JUST MAYBE, it might live up to "Nightmares" legacy <3 

~~Love & Hugs- AnimeAndDavidTennant~~

************************************************************************************************************

I walked down the streets of Ikebukuro like I had always done during my afternoons. I spotted Tom and jogged over to him. "Yo. Have you seen the flea today?" I scowled at the mention of him. He was a menace to all of humanity, and I was proud to say I hated him. Tom looked up at me and shook his head.

"Nah. Haven't seen him in a week now. Think he finally got payed back for all the shit he's done?" Tom chuckled. My chest tightened. Stupid flea was probably drawing attention to himself. . . that was it. Nothing could be wrong with him except for the fucked up mind he was cursed with. All in all though, I knew I had to make sure nobody had killed him off yet. That was my job. 

I gave Tom a quick smile and told him I'd be back later. Right now I had to head to the flea's apartment over in West Shinjuku. As I walked, the feeling in my chest grew more and more apparent. Why the hell was I so worried about a God-Complexed nobody? I wanted nothing to do with him, yet here I was, walking over to his stupid apartment to check on him. 

As I walked up to his door, I had immiediate second thoughts. 'What if he asks why I'm here? If I tell him the truth, he's going to use it against me,' I shook my head. I was Shizuo Heiwajima, and knocking on an enemy's door wouldn't defeat me. For God's sake I was stronger than that. I knocked on his door finally, letting out a sigh of breath that I didn't even realize I was holding in. 

As I stood at the door, I heard someone stumble over to the door. As soon as the door swung open, the imiediate stench of alchohol flooded the hallway. Izaya stared at me from inside. His eyes were bloodshot, as if he had been crying hysterically not long ago. He had a bottle of vodka in one hand, and his switch blade in the other. I could tell he had been drinking heavily, but I knew he wasn't drunk. In fact, he didn't look the slightest bit even fazed by the amount of alchohol he must've consumed. 

"What the fuck are you doing here? Do I look like I need to deal with your bullshit?" Izaya spat at me, his voice husky, probably because of all the crying he had done. I didn't need to deal with his piss ass attitude, and I was honestly about to walk away, until I saw a trail of blood drip down his inner arm. That's when it dawned on me. 

I grabbed him, and dragged him by the wrist inside his apartment, slamming him into his couch. His mostly empty bottle of vodka crashed to the floor and broke into a million pieces. I grabbed his arm and forcefully turned it over, to check his wrists. Just as I expected, they were covered in fresh cuts,  carved into his pale perfect skin. I loomed over him, looking into his bloodshot crimson eyes. He reeked of alchohol. 

"Why? What the fuck is so bad that makes you do this? Drinking? Self harm? Crying? What the fuck Izaya?!" I couldn't contain my anger towards seeing him like this. I didn't know why I cared so much, but it hurt to see him so broken.

He shoved me as hard as he could and walked toward his kitchen to retrieve another bottle of vodka from his refridgerator. I followed him and glared at him. He took a swing and slammed the bottle down on the table. "What if it was your fault Shizuo? You have no idea how I feel!!" He screamed. "Knowing all the person you love thinks about you, is how many ways he can fucking destroy you hurts. It hurts so much! Of course you wouldn't understand! You're Mr. High and mighty up on top your big stupid throne!" He took another swig of his vodka.

I grabbed him by his shoulders and shook him viollently. "Snap out of it Izaya! Your getting hysterical, and you're jacked up on alchohol and not making any sense!" I frowned. I had to admit, I wanted to cry seeing the hopeless expression that covered his face.

To my surprise, Izaya slapped me. It was the hardest I'd ever been slapped. Tears slicked down  his cheeks, as he stood there fuming.  "You'll never understand! I don't even understand why I try with you! You're just a hard-headed jackass!" Izaya's face became flushed and he began to sway. He was so agitated he was going to pass out.  

I pulled him into my arms, and held him tight so he couldn't leave. I  entangled my hands into his hair and ran my fingers through his sweaty locks. When I was little I'd do the same to Kasuka to make him feel better after night terrors. Soon I felt Izaya double in weight, as I had realized he was unconscious. 

I carried him to his bed and took his knife, and alchohol away, and covered him up. It was mid-October, making it quite nippy outside. I cleaned his wounds, and bandaged him up, and decided to sit next to him as he slept. I didn't understand. Was he just doing some drunken blabbering earlier? Or did he really mean what he said? Did he seriously have a one-sided crush on me? Since fucking when?! 

What bothered me the most, is the fact that he was trying to kill himself in two different ways. He was poisoning himself from the inside, and cutting himself up on the outside. I felt responsible for this, so I decided to stay and help him get help. Even if it killed me.

As I looked down at Izaya's unusually sweaty body, and bothered facial expression, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the asshole. I would've thought that he deserved it an hour ago, but that hadn't crossed my mind once. Maybe he wasn't all bad, but that didn't change my strong dislike for him. That, I doubt, would ever change. Besides, it was as far as I know, mutual.

I just hoped that he would listen to me when he woke up. He needed serious help and I was going to force him to get it.  He was a piece of shit sometimes- or well most of the time- but he was only human, no matter what he thought, and he deserved to be treated like one.