Catch Me

I didn't know what was happening, but I was back on the roof of Izaya's apartment. My vision was blurry, but through my impaired vision, I could make out Izaya standing on the ledge of the building like he was earlier. He had his switch blade pressed tightly against his wrist, and tears fell down his face in large streams. 

I opened my mouth to say something, but was immediately lost for words. In a swooping motion Izaya cut clean across his arm. His blood fell in crimson streams down his arm, with every swoop he got closer to his wrist, which harbored a deadly artery, if cut deep enough. I walked closer to him, but he put his arm out, distancing me from him. 

"Do you love me?" Izaya spoke quietly. I could barely hear him. I nodded my head.

"Of course! I love you more than anyone! You make living worth it. Please get off that ledge. Let me show you!" I screamed at him. I wanted him to know that I seriously cared. I wasn't going to let him almost slip through my fingers twice in one day. The corners of Izaya's mouth twisted up in a Cheshire grin, and he dropped his switch blade onto the roof. He opened his arms, as if he was asking for  hug, and looked straight into my eyes.

With my impaired vision, I could barely meet his gaze, but I heard his words so clearly, it startled me. 

"Then Catch Me" 

As soon as those words hit my ears, Izaya hopped backwards off the roof. I ran toward him with all my speed, but made it there too late. As I watched Izaya fall, he blew me a kiss, and hit the pavement with a crack. I threw my hands over my mouth. I was speechless. His crimson blood flooded out of his head and covered the pavement. I sat there sobbing and crying,  wondering what I was going to do.

Before I could even fathom what just happened, I opened my eyes to the darkened room I had fell asleep in. I sat up so fast I gave myself a small migraine.  I turned to my right and looked down at the small brunette man, snoring lightly next to me. Before I could stop them, tears leaked down my face in streams. I was so happy that he was actually safe, sleeping next to me, instead of bleeding out on the cold pavement. 

"Sh-Shizu-chan?" Izaya mumbled, slowly sitting up. I looked over at him, and through blurred teary eyes I could see him rub his eyes before gasping. "Shizuo why are you crying?!"

Before I could say a thing, he wrapped himself around me so tightly, I couldn't move. I wrapped my arms around him, and let my tears moisten his shirt.

"Shhhh, it's okay Shizuo. You help me so much, it's time for me to help you," Izaya held my face in his hands and pecked my lips softly. "What's wrong?" 

I looked into his perfect Auburn eyes trying to feel comfort in his care, but all I saw was the blood that covered the pavement. My breath caught in my throat before I could speak, and I choked out more tears. Through my tear filled vision, I could see a horrified helpless look on his face. He wanted to help, but I wasn't letting him, and I knew how he felt.

I grabbed Izaya's face gently in my hands, and connected our lips. They were warm and tasted like mint, after I kept telling him to extensively scrub his mouth from the taste of alchohol. As much as he melted into my touch, he gently pushed me away.

"Shizuo, tell me what's wrong. I'm not going to let you skimper over this because you have a high sense of pride. Just tell me what's up," Even though Izaya had just awaken, he knew how to loosen me up. I switched my gaze back into his serious eyes and began to speak.

"It's not that. .  It's just, I had a horrible dream. I dreamt that you actually jumped off the roof. . but I dreamt you did it on purpose, because you knew I would hurt. You told me to catch you, and then you jumped and blew me a kiss on the way down. I don't want to lose you, and I don't want you to hate me. . please," More tears leaked down my face, despite how hard I tried to prevent it. 

Even though I knew Izaya as a cold-hearted person who didn't give a shit about anyone but himself, he had surprised me the past few days. He was being so selfless, and showing me that he could actually harbor feelings. In turn, I learned that I could harbor feelings as well. 

Before I could propel myself any deeper into thought, Izaya hugged me tightly. Wordlessly, he laid me down, and situated himself next to me, and ran his fingers through my hair. I could've burst back into tears, knowing he was using what I taught him, to console me. Even after this nightmare, I was glad he was here.

I was glad to be held right now by Izaya Orihara, and as much as my past self would've punched me in the face for this, I loved him, and nothing was going to change that.