Chapter 2

As soon as Zeke's and my shift were over I went back to my amazing apartment. I rethought about the events that had taken place.

      Our shift began. Zeke and I were running around the coffee shop tryin to keep up with all of the customers we had. Once one left another one came in. It was the same process for seven hours. At the end of the shift I looked at Zeke, and when I say look I mean I really actually looked at him for the first time. His eyes were a beautiful shade of green, his hair was a color I would consider dirty blonde, I could tell he had abs and muscles under his shirt. Then he had looked up and into my eyes. I could feel my cheeks becoming a bright pink. He had only smiled.
       Once we got done cleaning the tables, mopping and sweeping the floors, putting things back were they belonged we started talking.
         "So, Zeke what made you want to work at a coffee shop?" I asked.
        "Well right now I just need money. Lately it's been hard. I live in a small apartment with my girlfriend but she's been to sick to leave the apartment so I had to get a job. The coffee shop isn't to far away from my little apartment so I thought here would be a great spot." Zeke said.
         "Well it does pay pretty good. I'm sorry to hear about your girlfriend though. If you ever need any help with anything or need to leave early please let me know." I said.
         "I will. Thank you Tori." Zeke said.
         "Of course anything for a new friend." I said.
         "Well I'll see you tomorrow Tori. Goodnight." Zeke said.
         "Goodnight Zeke." I said.
          With that Zeke had walked out of the shop. I had finished doing what I had to do so I locked up for the night and headed back to my apartment.

          Why did I feel so weird when I was around him. I've only felt this feeling once before when I was with a guy named Mark. He turned out to be a great guy but his head was on a little wrong I think. So why am I feeling this way towards Zeke. Could I be falling for him? No that's not possible. He has a girlfriend he obviously loves. Why would I want to ruin that for him? I shouldn't and I won't I'm not that type of person. Or am I?
          I continued on my day by cleaning up my apartment and taking a bath. I closed my eyes for awhile and I saw Zeke. It was as if he was really next to me not the bath. I thought I heard him tell me he loved me. Okay I'm going crazy. I opened my eyes and heard my phone going off. I got out of the bath, grabbed my towel, and headed to grab my phone. I picked it up and it read unknown. I accepted it.
         "Hello?" I asked.
         "Hi is this Tori Colts?" The man on the other side asked.
         "Yes? Who is this?" I asked.
         "It's Zeke, you know the one from work." He said.
         "Oh hi Zeke what's up?" I asked.
         "I wanted to ask if you were busy tomorrow night?" Zeke asked.
         "No I'm free." I said.
         "Would our maybe wanna grab dinner with me tomorro w night after work?" Zeke asked.
        "I thought you had a girlfriend?" I asked.
        "Well turns out she just wanted me to get a job so I could pay my own rent and she could leave." Zeke said.
       "Oh Zeke I'm so sorry. Of course I would love to go get dinner with you." I said.
       "Awesome I'll see you tomorrow then?" Zeke asked.
       "Yup bye." I said.
       "Bye." Zeke said.
        I hung up and headed upstairs to my bedroom. I grabbed a pair of pjs and headed to bed for the night.